We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stop over at Best Western Kennedy

Which New York City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Durban, South Africa
Stop over at Best Western Kennedy

We will be spending 1 night at the Best Western Kennedy just to break our trip before heading to Orlando. Anything of interest to do whilst we're there in the evening.

New York City, New...
reviews: 113
1. Re: Stop over at Best Western Kennedy

Depending how late your flight arrives that night and your Orlando flight leaves the next morning, I would consider staying the night in Manhattan. That way you can find a nice place to eat, have a walk past Bryant Park or Times Square or Grand Central.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
reviews: 2
2. Re: Stop over at Best Western Kennedy

There's nothing near JFK and Jamaica is not a very attractive place. If you want something around the hotel, you need to stay elsewhere. What time do you land and what time do you leave the following day?

Queens, NY
reviews: 4
3. Re: Stop over at Best Western Kennedy

I agree with nywhiz. That hotel is by a highway in an industrial area with nothing nearby and no public transportation. How much time do you have?

Durban, South Africa
4. Re: Stop over at Best Western Kennedy

We arrive at 3pm. We will be staying 3 nights in NY on our return in Manhattan, close to central Park. Just thought we could have something to do for a few hours, though I think the kids and us would be jet lagged from a 14 hr trip from Dubai.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
5. Re: Stop over at Best Western Kennedy

How early do you leave the next day? You might consider staying in Long Island City, which is in Queens (so not too far from the airport, though it's closer to LaGuardia than Kennedy) but has good subway access to Manhattan and good restaurants within walking distance.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
reviews: 2
6. Re: Stop over at Best Western Kennedy

And what time is the flight to Orlando the following day? Just realize at this hotel and just about every hotel at JFK you are absolutely STUCK at the hotel with nowhere to walk. For food, it's either the hotel restaurant or some hotels will have delivery menus from restaurants in the surrounding area that will deliver. If the outgoing flight is not first thing in the morning, you might consider staying a bit further away in Queens near some restaurants.

panamhotel.com

is not necessarily nicer than the Best Western but it's in a better location and they do have a shuttle to/from JFK. The shuttle is free in one direction and there are a few restaurants within walking distance of the hotel and you have nearby transportation (bus or subway) to go elsewhere.

http://goo.gl/maps/4DJmc

Durban, South Africa
7. Re: Stop over at Best Western Kennedy

Thanks for the advise but hotel has been confirmed by agents. Our flight to Orlando is 8:30am the next morning. I guess we're just going to relax in the hotel for the night.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
8. Re: Stop over at Best Western Kennedy

This is why I don't use travel agents. :) Let us know if we can help with your three day stay.

Durban, South Africa
9. Re: Stop over at Best Western Kennedy

Many thanks for your offer. We arrive at JFK at 14:45 on 03/01/13 & transfer to Hotel King N Grove , I'm hoping by 5:30pm. Hotel is on 29th Street. We're 1st time visitors so I need all the help I can get. We have the rest of the 3rd and full day on the 4th & 5th JAn. Fly back home at 10:40am on the 6th from JFK.

Our party consists of My husband and 2 sons aged 11 and 16yrs. We would like to see the folg: Empire State building, Wall Str, Statue of Liberty, Central Park, Times Square, Grnd Zero, Madison Square Park (11 yr old wrestling fanatic), Brooklyn Bridge. Apple store, 16 yr old techno freak. Hewants the IPHONE 5..any idea on price in NYC.

I want bargain shopping, not necessary brand names but good quality bargains, clothing. Maybbe a Broadway show...not sure if I'm being to ambitious to do all this in 2 days & a bit. Or also a museum..maybe. Is this realistic. Any suggestions as to how we should plan our days to take care of the above?? Just to remind u, its our first visit!

Hope to hear from you soon!!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Wakefield
reviews: 27
10. Re: Stop over at Best Western Kennedy

Currently the iPhone 5 isn't available unlocked in the USA. It may be by the time you get there, but you may then have Customs and Import Taxes to pay over and above the price you pay in NYC.