We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

July 4th in New york

Which New York City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edmond, Okla.
July 4th in New york

Will be visiting NYC and I'm looking for a place to host a small July 4th gathering to watch fireworks. A hotel suite or rooftop would be perfect. Any suggestions?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
reviews: 2
1. Re: July 4th in New york

Budget? This will not be an inexpensive thing to do. Some rooms at the Millenium UN Plaza will have views. I'm sure there are other hotels with views but can't be certain of which ones. There's a rooftop bar/restaurant at the Beekman Tower hotel that might have views.

The Water Club restaurant will have some views. They have both outside tables and indoor tables and private rooms.

There are a number of boats/cruises to watch the fireworks. Here's a page with some cruise info (not specifically about something private) that might give you some ideas.

…about.com/od/holidays/a/fourthofjuly_2.htm

If you could post back # of people and what you had in mind, it would help. Do you already have a hotel booked? If yes, the concierge there might be able to help.

Edmond, Okla.
2. Re: July 4th in New york

WOW! Thanks nywhiz for your response! This is my first posting in Trip Advisor and was surprised to get a quick response and so much info.

I checked into Beekman and they told me they do not have a view of the fireworks,and I was impressed with their honesty! They were also very nice and gave me phone numbers for Water Club, and Water's Edge. I inquired with both and although they are expensive, $350 per person, and $150 per person, respectively, they include nice meals and open bars with great views of fireworks.

I didn't check on the cruises, as our son gets motion sickness pretty easily, even though I'm sure that is a fantastic way to to experience our first 4th of July in NYC.

We will be staying at the W Union Square visiting our 22 year old daughter at NYU, and will be hosting 8-10 (it's hard to know exactly how many this far ahead) of her friends. I think we have decided on the Millenium UN that guarantees a room with a view of both the city, and fireworks. We booked a 1-bdrm. suite for the evening at $599 which is still expensive, but cheaper than the expensive dinners. (I'm hoping the windows are large.) They will be just as happy with pizza and beer!

We will be spending the rest of the time looking for a permanent apartment for her - any ideas the whiz has there are appreciated as well!

Thanks again for all of your help!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
reviews: 2
3. Re: July 4th in New york

Sounds like a fabulous 4th you have planned. I actually spent one 4th at the UN Plaza with a friend who used to work there. ;)

You should know you're about 10-15 blocks north of where the fireworks are set off. (I think there's a barge in the east river around 34 st. and another further south.)

Last year there was also a display near the Statue of Liberty and there's another in Brooklyn. People in Jersey City, NJ reported being able to see several different fireworks displays. Read the reviews here. The 4ath one down mentions the fireworks. Just another thought. ;)

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g46531-d2467…

As for an apartment, that's both an art and a science and takes a lot of hard work. A lot depends on budget, location etc. If you tell me more, I might be able to help.