We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dial 7

Which New York City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
reviews: 45
Dial 7

After reading numerous recommendations about Dial 7 for car service from JFK to hotel, I called them tonight to reserve a car for our trip to NYC this week. The gentleman who answered the phone was extremely helpful. He explained my option for mass transit (AirTrain and then which subway lines to take for arriving in Long Island City where we will be staying), and then he quoted me a price for his car service. He also told me that discount coupons were available online. I told him we will have 4 in our party, and he told me to go ahead and book the sedan (even though on the website if you put in 4 passengers, it does not give you the option for the sedan). So I went to NYCCoupons.com to access a $5 coupon, and then I went to the Dial 7 website to make my reservation, listing 3 in my party rather than 4. I was very impressed with friendliness and helpfulness of the Dial 7 staff. Thank you, NYC experts, for suggesting Dial 7. For just a few dollars more than what it would cost me to use mass transit, I was able to reserve a car and not have to worry about dragging luggage up/down stairs to use the subway. We can get to our hotel quickly, drop off the luggage, and then head to the subway station to start our exploration of NYC. I really appreciate all the helpful information I have obtained from the NYC experts.

50 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 11
1. Re: Dial 7

Good to hear about your experience. I love receiving great customer service. I like that he explained other options available to you instead of only promoting his company - it makes me want to book with them even though I have no need.

Texas
reviews: 45
2. Re: Dial 7

Oh, my thoughts exactly. That is TRUE customer service; explaining options and then even offering advice to help the customer save money. Since the gentleman was so helpful and professional, I decided I will also use Dial 7 for my trip to LGA after a week in NYC. I am not even going to compare rates for taxi or mass transit. Since he was so helpful, his comany will automatically get my business.

GLASGOW
reviews: 40
3. Re: Dial 7

I thought the same found them to be very helpfull and were spot on with times that we booke both on arrival and departure to airport.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 9
4. Re: Dial 7

Two of us will need to get from EWR to LGA on Xmas Eve. Anyone know what Dial 7 will charge for this trip?

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 26
5. Re: Dial 7

>> Anyone know what Dial 7 will charge for this trip? <<

Use the quote function on their website.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 9
6. Re: Dial 7

I can't be bothered doing that. That is why I asked the Q here.

Edited: 10:01 am, June 11, 2012
Bradford, United...
Destination Expert
for Manchester
reviews: 2
7. Re: Dial 7

no one here works for dial7 and you are therefore best asking them direct.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 26
8. Re: Dial 7

>> I can't be bothered doing that. <<

Charming. Yet you expect others here to do it for you?

In the time it took you to post twice, you could have had your quote.

south yorkshire
reviews: 5
9. Re: Dial 7

We used Dial 7 last week to get to Manhattan from Newark and were charged $61 plus tip. There were two of us going to UWS. Hope this helps.

south yorkshire
reviews: 5
10. Re: Dial 7

Just re read your query and saw that you wanted to get from EWR to LGA so my answer won't be relevant.

Reply to: Dial 7
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted