We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinery help......

Which New York City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Itinery help......

Hi there

Hoping for some suggestions re: this itinery.

Day 1 - Tuesday

Arrive jfk 5pm

Taxi to hotel on the upper west side

unpack

dinner - times square??

Day 2 - Wednesday

Breakfast - 8am

grayline bus tour all day - hop off esb, grand central, wtc

night bus tour 5:30

dinner

Day 3 - Thursday

Breakfast - 8am

Bus tour

Parade 11am

lunch???

Bus tour until 4pm

Back to Hotel

Dinner???

Riverdance at Radio City Music Hall

Day 4 - Friday

Breakfast 8am

Ellis Island 9am

South street seaport

greenwich village

dinner

Day 5 - Saturday

Breakfast 8am

Jersey Gardens - bus from port auth. at 9.15 -> 10 - 3pm

Circle line 2hr cruise

dinner

Day 6

Breakfast

Central park - boathouse for lunch

5th avenue - shopping

back to hotel

dinner

broadway show - The producers maybe

Day 7

Breakfast

shopping

any other suggestions????

Hotel pickup 5pm

flight leaves jfk at 9pm

do you think this itinery is do-able or am I trying to squeez in too much?

In terms of a landmark or an attraction's loaction do you think I have grouped the days ok???

I'd like to fit in another show (hairspray or mamma mia) on either day 4 or day 5 - would this be feasible taking into consideration each days itinery?

any suggestions of places to eat where i've put a "?" after dinner or lunch would be grately appreciated.

Thanks a million

Niamh

West Palm Beach...
1. Re: Itinery help......

First off, where on the UWS are you staying? It's a big neighborhood with lots of great restaurants. Any special cuisine you have in mind?

Your day 2 seems to be an all-day, all-night bus adventure! I'd skip the night tour and just explore on your own.

I'm presuming your day 3 is St. Patrick's Day? You don't want to do bus tours that day. The city is totally taken over by the parade. Just go with the flow and have a blast. If you're seeing Riverdance you might have dinner near Radio City:

Osteria Stella - good Italian, big noisy place, sort of pricey

Del Frisco's - excellent steakhouse, expensive

Joseph Citarella - excellent seafood, expensive

Rock Center Cafe - o.k. American, moderate price

Sea Grill - good seafood, expensive

(The Rock Center Cafe and Sea Grill overlook Rockefeller Center.)

There's also a couple of nearby pubs, on 8th Ave. in the 40s, where I'm sure there'll be a contuing St. Pat's celebration. That might be more fun than a big dinner that night.

I suggest you buy your theater tickets in advance rather than waste time on line at the same-day, cash-only discount booths. Go to www.broadwaybox.com where you can find info on ordering discount tickets via secure sites. They'll hold the tickets for you at the box office.

waterford ireland
reviews: 19
2. Re: Itinery help......

Dont think you will fit in a show on day 5 anyway. I went to Jersey Gardens in Nov. and we bailed out at about 5pm and we still hadnt it all done. The buses arent very regular so if you miss one it might be maybe an hour b4 the next one arrives.

Enjoy your trip it sounds like you will have a fab time.

Rotterdam...
reviews: 6
3. Re: Itinery help......

I have to disagree with waterford. I went to Jersey Gardens in February and was back in Manhattan by early afternoon. I checked out the site for the stores I wanted to visit so I knew where I was going and for what. I also found the buses to be extremely regular, I was really impressed with them. Might have been a fluke though!

Dublin, Ireland
4. Re: Itinery help......

Hi Bettina,

We will be staying in the Newton 95th & Broadway. I'll be with my mum, - we both like any sort of food as long as its not too spicy.

Thats good advice about the bus tours - I think we will still get the all loops tour(2 days) and just use it over the one day - one loop costs ���37 so all loops is not that much extra at ���49 - even if we don't see everything.

We are both going with the attitude that we are not gonna see everthing that we want and just enjoy the time.

Thanks for your great advice

Niamh

Dublin, Ireland
5. Re: Itinery help......

sorry forgot to answer the paddies day question

Yes, it will be St. Patricks day that we are over for. I think you are right re: that day. The best thing to do is not plan it too much and just go with the flow.

Thanks again

Niamh

Dublin, Ireland
6. Re: Itinery help......

Thank you waterford and cozz for both of your points re Jersey gardens, they have been noted.

New York
reviews: 1
7. Re: Itinery help......

It seems like to me that you're spending a lot of time on buses. (I'm guessing almost 15 hours.)

Unless their are health reasons, there's no better way to see New York than on foot.

Furthermore, I have yet to read a report of someone who didn't find either a twilight stroll across the Brooklyn Bridge or the free round trip to Stane Island exhilirating and more memorable than the available bus tours. You might consider those activities.

Of course, if a visitor would have difficulty walking such tours make great sense but you might want to rethink the amount of time you'd be spending on a bus.