We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Urgent: Help me choose a hotel

Which New York City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Urgent: Help me choose a hotel

I need to book this within the next couple of hours:

Here's the list of choices from my travel agent:

Millennium Broadway Hotel 145 West 44th street NY 10036

Best Western president Hotel 234 west 48 street NY 10036

Paramount Hotel NY 235 West 46th St NY 10036

and the Comfort Inn Midtown 46th St NY

I'm a woman travelling alone, so feeling safe is important. It was recommended that I change away from the first hotel I booked (Holiday Inn Martinique) due to the bad neighbourhood (Penn Station).

I've stayed at the Comfort Inn before, and it was ok -- just wondering if any of the others are better. Also would prefer somewhere that I can get high speed internet access as this is a business trip.

boston ma
1. Re: Urgent: Help me choose a hotel

I do not know about the hotels,where we are planning our first trip. But whatever you do, do not book through Priceline. I just got ripped off big time!

My sister is staying at the Millenium next year for the Macy's day parade. I know she has stayed at the Paramount and loves it, but did say the rooms are very small but the place is unique.

UK
reviews: 8
2. Re: Urgent: Help me choose a hotel

How did oyu get ripped off by Price Line????

UK
3. Re: Urgent: Help me choose a hotel

UK
4. Re: Urgent: Help me choose a hotel

Danbury, Connecticut
reviews: 77
5. Re: Urgent: Help me choose a hotel

Of those listed, I think the Millennium Broadway would be the nicest.

The Best Western is new but haven't heard anything about it and the location is near Penn Station where you said (and rightfully so) that you don't want to be near.

The Paramount is a crapshoot. It might be fine for one per person. Rooms are known for being notoriously small.

Danbury, Connecticut
reviews: 77
6. Re: Urgent: Help me choose a hotel

jemeny,

The original poster specifically said a travel agent is assisting her, and never even mentioned priceline. So would you please re-post your experience in a separate thread so as not to confuse? I would like to hear more about your experience also. Thank you.

West Palm Beach...
7. Re: Urgent: Help me choose a hotel

I've never seen the rooms at any of those, but I'd also go for the Millennium. I really like the vibe at the Parmount though, I often meet friends at their mezzanine bar for a cocktail, which is pleasantly cosy and quiet. Their rooms are supposedly very chic and tiny, even by NY standards.

Both are preferable to the other two. For high-speed internet access, you need to check with the hotels directly, or their web sites.

boston ma
8. Re: Urgent: Help me choose a hotel

i put the price i was willing to pay like suggested,

and was accepted by Grand Hyatt. Well on priceline you do not know which hotel you get until your transaction is finished. When I went into the Grand Hyatt website to see what a great deal I got Iwas shocked! The Grand Hyatt was $80.00 a night less than what Priceline was charging me!

When i called to complain they did refund the $80.00 per night difference but my credit card has already been billed and it will take up to 2 billing cycles for the credit to appear. but they refuse to refund the differnence in the room tax. they are still charging me at the higher rate and at 13.5 or whatever rate it adds up!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
reviews: 2
9. Re: Urgent: Help me choose a hotel

Of those, I'd pick the Paramount and hope I didn't get a very small room. I like the street the Paramount is on with lots of hotels and the Algonquin across the street. There's also a good coffee shop for breakfast and snacks right there. The Paramount is VERY trendy/modern though. Hope that won't intimidate you. Next time, btw, I wouldn't use this travel agent. Sounds like they're giving you bad advice. The Millenium Broadway would also be ok and is just on the next block.

Canada
10. Re: Urgent: Help me choose a hotel

Thanks for the advice everyone.

I'm booked to stay in the Millenium Broadway Hotel now. It looks like it will be ok, certainly better than the first hotel I was booked into.

Not much choice on the travel agent, as they are our corporate agent. The bad hotel in the first place was my fault, as I asked for something near Penn Station (not realizing what the neighbourhood was like), and my company favors Holiday Inn.

Of course Millenium Broadway was the most expensive one on the list! (All were around $150-200US/night). Will let you know how it turns out when I return next week.