We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sim cards pay as you go

Which New York City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
sim cards pay as you go

where can I buy a sim card for my mobile phone in JFK airport

Queens, NY
reviews: 4
1. Re: sim cards pay as you go

You can't buy SIM cards at JFK Airport. You have to go to an AT&T or T-Mobile store, and there are none in JFK airport.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Wakefield
reviews: 27
2. Re: sim cards pay as you go

Why not buy one before you go to NYC from the wonder that is eBay.

That means then you'll be all set for when you hit NYC, and can start using your phone straight away.

M

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 236
3. Re: sim cards pay as you go

I have an unlocked iphone 4 here in Canada. Does ATT sell micro sims for 30 days or so at a fixed rate?

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 18
4. Re: sim cards pay as you go

There IS a phone store that has SIM cards at JFK. ( I am blanking on whether it is AT&T or T-Mobile.) I kept my nephew and his wife there company a few weeks ago and noticed it. Knowing the question comes up on this forum I deliberately went in and asked! It is in Terminal 4. It is near the baggage storage place. When you leave the secure area you turn right and it is on your right. I do not know how early or late it is open. I was there at around 7:30 PM on a Wed. --it did look like a new store!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Wakefield
5. Re: sim cards pay as you go

CanadianBoys - AT&T do not "support" pay as you go for iPhones. All is not lost though, you just have to do things manually - http://www.m4rkm.com/iPhone

Edited: 1:31 pm, May 22, 2011
Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 236
6. Re: sim cards pay as you go

Thank you M4RKM - this is EXACTLY the detail needed by thousands of people visiting the USA.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Wakefield
7. Re: sim cards pay as you go

*nods and smiles* glad you appreciate the information.

UK
8. Re: sim cards pay as you go

Very Much Obliged M4RKM. I left it too late to order an AT&T via eBay, so your guide is printed and added to the pile of useful docs I'm taking with me.

Cheers,

Zarbs

9. Re: sim cards pay as you go

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, December 25, 2012