We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NYC here we come

Which New York City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 16
NYC here we come

Dear NYC experts, After a family Christmas party in PA, we will be heading to NYC Sun Dec 18th arriving by car around 10 am. We will be staying at the Belvedere at a great rate! only overnight. We will leave the city Dec 19th about 4-6 pm. I will be there with DH and our 3 little ones ages 11, 9 and 6. The only thing we have planned definately is Radio City Christmas Show Dec 19th at 11 am. My question finally, what else should we be sure to see in this short time that would appeal to all of us. My DH thought maybe the American Museum of Natural Hist. but I think that would take up too much time-would rather see more sights. Bryant Park seems like it could be fun to ice skate. Also, any restaurant or eateries that would be especially fun? Thanks in advance for any advice. Much to do in a little bit of time!

West Palm Beach...
1. Re: NYC here we come

I'd skip the museum. What makes the holidays the most popular time to visit New York is that it's wonderful to stroll the streets and admire all the decorations. The dept. store windows are amazing. Walk from Macy's over to Lord & Taylor, and then stroll up 5th Ave. up to 58th Street, passing Saks Fifth Ave., the Rockefeller Center promenade and tree, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Cartier, Takashimaya, Henri Bendel's, Tiffany's, and Bergdorf Goodman.

New York City
reviews: 8
2. Re: NYC here we come

Are your children girls? If so, the American Girl (Doll) Place is on 5th and 49th. If you can get a reservation for lunch or dinner, it has a nice cafe. You don't have any time to roam between the show and your leaving time. Skating at Rockefeller center is expensive, but Bryant Park is free and that has got to mean more crowded. The Wollman Rink in Central Park is really nice too.

If your children are boys or boys and girls, FAO Schwartz has been renovated and has really cool stuff in it to look at. It is on 59th and 5th. Inside is a really nice ice cream parlor.