We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay with three youngens and Mum and Dad?

Which New York City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Where to stay with three youngens and Mum and Dad?

Please help! We are visiting NYC after Christmas (first time for the family and we can';t wait!) - M&D, two girls (13, 7) and an accompanying 21 year old niece. Is there anywhere that people might be able to recommend for us to stay that we see us be able to get the whole group of 5 in the same room (for the girls to spend on their shopping I guess!). Price needs to moderate and I think we would prefer the UWS or mid-town but we are open to other ideas of course. Pls note: we can't afford the fancy 5 star suite hotels. The dates are 12/26 - 12/30 - we know the dates are tough but there is no chance of changing them now. Thanks for any suggestions - even those that you may think are way out of left-field!

Liverpool, United...
reviews: 19
1. Re: Where to stay with three youngens and Mum and Dad?

I stayed in the Salisbury Hotel on West 57th for 5 nights in February of this year (2005), It's an all-suite hotel and right next door to deli's,subways and a short walk to Times Square ( Huge Toys R Us for the kids and some of us adults!!) They have big rooms with Two Tv's, massive walk-in closets, microwave ovens and fridges, comp tea and coffee , in-room safe. We stayed in a one bedroom suite which had a queen sized pull out sofa bed in the lounge area. They also provide a continental breakfast for $3 - which we never tried 'cos they're was a brillient breakfast deli next door!

This place was ideal for three single guys and we saw plenty of families staying too. If you want some where on a budget, safe with non of the false facade of chain hotels then this is THE place to stay.

Ramone

Liverpool, England

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
reviews: 2
2. Re: Where to stay with three youngens and Mum and Dad?

The Salisbury is a great idea but may likely be booked solid. Their website is

nycsalisbury.com

Another good place is the Radio City Apartments

radiocityapartments.com

quikbook.com is a booking website that's good to check but it doesn't seem to be working right now. They have a phone number to call. You might be best phoning some of the hotels too for a party that size. The online booking sites may not want to take it.

Your best bet may be renting an apartment. Some websites people have had luck with for apartments are

citylightsnewyork.com

nyhabitat.com

http://www.furnishedquarters.com/

www.hospitalityco.com

subletinthecity.com

liveinnyc.com

vrbo.com is vacation rental by owner--self explanatory

newyork.craigslist.com is a site where people who want to rent out their apts (often while they're away) post. You could also run your own ad on Craigslist for free on what you need.

I would fill out a request form from all the apt. cos. and see what they have to offer rather than trying to pour over their listings. ;)

Good luck?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
3. Re: Where to stay with three youngens and Mum and Dad?

LOL, I did not intend that question mark (but rather an exclamation point !!) Perhaps it was a freudian slip.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
4. Re: Where to stay with three youngens and Mum and Dad?

PS., depending on the prices you get, you might be better with 2 rooms, 1 for the 3 girls and another for yourselves. Willl give you 2 bathrooms for sure!

Another thought I forgot is renting a timeshare. Manhattan Club is well located and there are some apts. available at that time listed here

www.sellmytimesharenow.com/searchrent.php…

The 1 bedrooms say they sleep 4 so don't know that 5 will work.

Finally, (for now), someone recently found a website

www.rooms2book.com

It's an English website with very good prices on apts. and apt/hotels. No one has yet to report back on their stay through this co., but worth a look.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
5. Re: Where to stay with three youngens and Mum and Dad?

Just happened on this Fodor's website by accident and found a number of other apartment rental and b and b websites listed. Some are duplicates of what I've listed already but some are not!

http://www.fodors.com/miniguides/mgresults.cfm?destination=new_york_city@111&cur_section=fea&feature=30009

Brighton, United...
reviews: 37
6. Re: Where to stay with three youngens and Mum and Dad?

Thanks NYWhiz, book-marked that for future use...

Geelong, Australia
reviews: 1
7. Re: Where to stay with three youngens and Mum and Dad?

Radio City Apartments - two bedroom suite - the suite part sounds expensive but it is much cheaper than other 'all suite' establishments.

Good luck with a booking at such a busy time.

Helen

Australia
8. Re: Where to stay with three youngens and Mum and Dad?

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to respond to our query. It has been a tough search as it is a busy time of the year (no kidding!) and having five of us travelling together makes for fun-family time but hard to find rooms! We have tried all the sub-let and apts sites to no avail and will now go with 2 rooms - one for the girls and one for us. This makes it kinda expensive but we will be New York after all and the memories will linger long after the credit card bill is forgotten I'm sure! Thanks again to everyone who contributed.

waterford ireland
reviews: 25
9. Re: Where to stay with three youngens and Mum and Dad?

Have you tried the Embassy Suites. The location isnt the best but you can get a one bedroom suite. I think the bedroom has 2 double bed and there is a bed sofa in the living room. It has got some very good reviews on this site. Check it out it may suit your requirements and budget.