We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cake Boss- Carlos Bakery

Which New York City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
canada
Cake Boss- Carlos Bakery

Has anyone been to carlos bakery? we are considering going over to NJ to check it out when we are in nY.

Thoughts?

Yalesville...
1. Re: Cake Boss- Carlos Bakery

What's the attraction - aren't there any good bakeries in your neck of Canada?

Also your question is very generic - where in NJ is this bakery and what is their specialty?

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Montreal
reviews: 15
2. Re: Cake Boss- Carlos Bakery

daddy1000 and Poppa LOL!

Anyways, Poppa - Buddy (Carlos Bakery) is an amazing cake artist. He has a tv show that's very popular. Believe it or not, my daughter was thinking we should go see if we can meet him, while we're in town in a couple of weeks.

It's still a "maybe" (who knows if he'd actually be there), but there's a bus that goes to Hoboken from the Port Authority terminal (seems to be the easiest way - one bus, about 35 minutes, and no transfers).

canada
3. Re: Cake Boss- Carlos Bakery

Ty momoftravellers.

I think it would be neat to meet him.

as well no we don't have a really good authentic bakery where I live.

and he is an amazing artist.

NormaRico
4. Re: Cake Boss- Carlos Bakery

Does the bakery have a throw back .25 connoli day and does anyone know when it is held???

Newport Beach...
reviews: 2
5. Re: Cake Boss- Carlos Bakery

Carlos Bakery is actually Carlo's City Hall Bake Shop which is located in Hoboken New Jersey for any of you who want to visit.

Philadelphia
reviews: 1
6. Re: Cake Boss- Carlos Bakery

The pastries are good but the service is absolutely poor. I've stood in the shop for a couple minutes figuring out what kind of cake I wanted, and when I was ready to order the staff looked at me and told me to get in line. What LINE?! At the time there was only 1 other couple in the shop. The couple was nice enough to understand my situation and let me go ahead. The couple also told me that there was no "LINE ORDER SYSTEM" since the pastries were on opposite sides of the room, the same couple also told us that the shop was also unorganized and very frustrating to be in MOST of the time.

Rude staff and the Pastries were all weighted I purchased 3 mini cupcakes and 2 mini cookies my total was $10.45 !!!

Princeton Junction...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
reviews: 3
7. Re: Cake Boss- Carlos Bakery

Take the PATH form NYC. Hoboken is a nice little city that among Carlos is also the birthplace of baseball, Frank Sinatra,the Oreo cookie, soft serve icecream, the zipper, the steam ferry to name a few things. It is also the city in on the waterfront.

new york city
reviews: 3
8. Re: Cake Boss- Carlos Bakery

One person reported last week going there and being met with a long line to get into the store. I guess it is all in the luck of the draw. I am sure there are places that are just as good as this one but in Manhattan.. diff is no TV show.

What happens if you go to Hoboken and Carlos is not there. Does it not then become just another shop.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
reviews: 43
9. Re: Cake Boss- Carlos Bakery

from what I know of the place its not a retail cake shop. Its like Ace of Cakes - they do specialty cakes that have to be ordered well in advance. My sister in law researched ordering a cake - they start at like $5000 for the basic cake

Hoboken, New Jersey
10. Re: Cake Boss- Carlos Bakery

I live in Hoboken. Carlos is very much a retail shop. The long lines outside the shop are not just to see Buddy (he's in "meetings' most of the time). They actually have very good baked goods (other than cakes).