We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

century 21

Which New York City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
somerset,uk
century 21

Is this as good a shop as i have heard? and where is it located? We were thinking of going to woodbury common on martin luther king day, i assume it will be open. We went in feb 2004 and it was excellent -we had to buy 2 suitcases to take home with all the extra clothes we bought!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
reviews: 2
1. Re: century 21

People seem to either love it or hate it. It requires more patience than a lot of shoppers have. Since it doesn't require much investment of time or money (not like going to Woodbury on a bus for $35), why not go. Suggest first thing in the morning before it gets crazy. Attach it to a ride on the Staten Island ferry or something else you want to do downtown.

Woodbury will be open on ML King day but it will be mobbed b/c a lot of schools are off and that's become a sale day. Have you tried Jersey Gardens? Much closer to the city, cheaper bus and it's in New Jersey where there's no sales tax on clothing. Buses from Port Authority.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
2. Re: century 21

The "it" I refer to in paragraph one above is Century 21.

Atkins, AR
reviews: 1
3. Re: century 21

I wanna go to century 21 too.

waterford ireland
reviews: 25
4. Re: century 21

Been to Century 21 and loved it. Got some great bargains there. Very good for buying sunglasses. It is a bit like a jumble sale and you have to root for the bargains but believe me they are there. Go early in the morning before the crowds and you will find what you want. Dont bother buying cosmetics etc. there as they are cheaper in Macys.

Falling Waters, WV
5. Re: century 21

I love to shop and was not impressed at all with century 21.

Columbus, Ohio
reviews: 9
6. Re: century 21

I'm with Tawny on this one. I've been to Century 21 twice, and never found anything that was worth fighting the crowds for. I am a first-class shopaholic, but I won't bother with it next time we come to New York.

London
reviews: 4
7. Re: century 21

I think you have to go there in the "right frame of mind" - it looks as if everything is just chucked everywhere on counters but it is possible to find a bargin, I bought D&G Sunglasses there for $40 and 4 handbags, 2 were Kenneth Cole which meant nothing to me at the time, just like them but then saw his boutiques on 5th ave so was impressed. Hubby bought some Versace tops but again it was a free for all there. I would recommed a trip there as bargains are to be found but include it as part of your sightseeing trip for that part of the city.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 24
8. Re: century 21

Don't expect it to look like much... cause it looks like a mess. I didn't really enjoy the atmosphere at all it's all squezed together and you really don't have a lot of room to move or look at things... although my girlfriend did get a great Yankee's hat there, baby blue colour with a great emblem and Major League authentic for half the price of what authentic hats cost elsewhere.

It's located right across from Ground Zero.

Colchester, Essex...
9. Re: century 21

Hi,

I went there loads of bargains.

Andrew

P.S Huge computer shop near it :)

Rowe, New Mexico
reviews: 32
10. Re: century 21

Century is a LARGE store consisting of about 5 floors. It is located on the corner of Church and Cortlandt Streets, to the east of the WTC site. The "Cortlandt St." subway station (red lines 1 & 9 on subway maps) is right outside the store. Contrary to other posts here, there are many "finds" in the store, but a shopper needs to spend time carefully looking to locate merchandise. Don't miss the basement, especially linens and luggage. I was especially impressed with the good selection and low prices on Ralph Lauren products, including lingerie and sheets. It can be very crowded, so patience is needed to shop the store. I was there during "tax-free clothing week" about a year ago and they were selling EVERYTHING tax free! Bargains galore.