We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel age dilema solved!

Which New York City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool UK
Hotel age dilema solved!

Hi guys thanks for all your great advice about being 21 to check in. Im so glad somebody mentioned it before we flew all the way there! Anyway we spoke to expedia who phoned the helmsley and they said they will not accept us being 19. So they have changed our hotel to the Milford Plaza who also say you need to be 21 but will make an acception in our case. The new hotel is actually in a better location and they are charging us ��100 instead of ��200 so its not so bad. Im just glad its all sorted so thanks again!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
reviews: 2
1. Re: Hotel age dilema solved!

Well I'm glad I mentioned it, not thrilled about the Milford Plaza but you may like the location better. Are you paying 100GBP/night?? Per person or for the room? Make sure you have something in writing from the hotel that says they're going to accept you.

London, England
reviews: 1
2. Re: Hotel age dilema solved!

Great!!! Glad you sorted it out! Now go and shop til' you drop!

Liverpool UK
3. Re: Hotel age dilema solved!

We are just being charged a one off payment of 100GBP instead of 200 for the change of accomodation and cancellation fee from the helmsley. We shouldnt really pay this as it was expedias mistake but I didnt want to argue because they were really helpful an im just glad its all sorted.

the location of the milford is better for us and the facilities within the hotel aswell but it dosnt sound very good from the reviews!

Liverpool UK
4. Re: Hotel age dilema solved!

oh forgot to mention, we have a case number from expedia which we can quote if the hotel wont let us check in!