We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for Hotel under $200 per night

Which New York City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Myrtle Beach, South...
reviews: 8
Suggestions for Hotel under $200 per night

I am bringing my daughter for a 2nd time to NYC and plan on seeing the Statue of Liberty, returning to Canal Street, Macy's, Time Square, etc. I have found 2 hotels under $200, but not sure which location is best for all the shopping we might happen to do. The 2 I found are: Marriott Financial Center & Millennium UN Plaza Hotel.

Which hotel would have better access than the other, especially to the Statue of Liberty and Canal Street? Is there any other hotel I should consider that I have missed on here with hight ratings?

Thanks for any insight you might have on this.

New York City, New...
reviews: 114
1. Re: Suggestions for Hotel under $200 per night

Can you give us the dates? This will allow us to give more options - if it was Christmas, you're dreaming, if it's in February, you're going to have lots of options.

New York City, New...
reviews: 1
2. Re: Suggestions for Hotel under $200 per night

At what time are you coming?

The reason I ask it that I received an email invitation to try the brand new Holiday Inn located on 26th St bet 6th and 7th Aves. The price was a pre opening $175. per night.

I am not entirely sure if it is available to non rewards club members, but warrants a look see as it is in a great location.

The Millennium UN Plaza is located on the eastern side of Manhattan and is a bit 'out of the way'.

The Marriott Financial Center is in an area that is now undergoing a resurgance with a lot of buildings going up and new shops/restaurants opening now. I walked by the hotel a few times, and it does look rather nice. This hotel, for what you are going to do, is in a better location and is in easy walking distance to anywhere in the city. My vote would be for the Marriott as we have stayed at MANY of their locations and have never had any bad experiences!!

A good thing to do is to look to the left side of this forum to NYC Hotels....go there, type in the hotel you are looking for and then read the reviews and look at pics to see if that helps making up your mind.

Queens, New York
reviews: 25
3. Re: Suggestions for Hotel under $200 per night

hello

When are your dates? That has alot to do with hotel rates.Out of your choices, I think the marriott. But also depends on when your coming? It's more like toss a coin. I am really personally not thrilled with both, but there is no problem with them. I am thinking form your daughter's point of view and with out knowing if she is a teen or not it is hard.

www.hopstop.com will help for figure out distances. I think there is not going to be like one hotel that is going to be near everything you want. So it comes down to price and something your daughter would like. Travel zoo has specials all the time on good hotels.

Myrtle Beach, South...
reviews: 8
4. Re: Suggestions for Hotel under $200 per night

I am currently looking at Jan 12th. I have to book my flight tonight to get in on the special price. My daughter is 19 and my other is 13 which I am also considering bringing for her 2nd trip. They both will have Canal Street on their list as a must do! I am thinking the Marriott because I believe it would be close enough todrop our bags off when we get tired of carrying them. The other must for my oldest is the Statue of Liberty...and to see it at night I think will thrill her. I do know they love the city hussle and bussle so this does make me wonder if somewhere else is a better location.

Thanks for the response so far!

Queens, New York
reviews: 25
5. Re: Suggestions for Hotel under $200 per night

Have a look on Travel zoo there are a few nice hotels for your dates.

The Roosevelt nice loaction and the Carlton on madison . You really can stay anywhere, but just have a look at these, to make sure.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Brooklyn
reviews: 51
6. Re: Suggestions for Hotel under $200 per night

The Marriott is your best bet here as it is by downtown, close to both the Statue and Canal Street. The Millenium is too far away from a Subway - but it is a nicer hotel, though.

Connecticut Yankee
reviews: 9
7. Re: Suggestions for Hotel under $200 per night

From the www.holidayinn.com website: (this will be great to try after 2/3/08)

The Holiday Inn Hotel NYC Manhattan 6th Ave is now accepting reservations for arrivals after February 3, 2008.

Welcome to the newly built Holiday Inn Manhattan Hotel.

Hotel features include full service restaurant, room service, lounge, complimentary in-room wireless high speed Internet access and free local phone calls.

The Holiday Inn Manhattan is a brand new modern, twenty-four story high rise hotel centrally located within close proximity to numerous restaurants, museums, Herald Square shopping and the following attractions: Time Square, Penn Station, Madison Square Garden, Macy's Herald Square, the Empire State Building, Union Square, and the Jacob Javits Convention Center.

New York City, New...
8. Re: Suggestions for Hotel under $200 per night

That was similar to the email invitation I got a few days ago about the new opening in Feb 08. I would def look into it!!

Connecticut Yankee
reviews: 9
9. Re: Suggestions for Hotel under $200 per night

Hi K.C !. : This is a great location. I could have waited to take my daughter in Feb....rather than January. This building is New? or refurbished?

New York City, New...
10. Re: Suggestions for Hotel under $200 per night

from what I took away from the email, it is an all new building.....and the pics seem to indicate that as well.

How have you been hadn't seen you in while!!