We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabins at Highland Lake Inn?

Which Flat Rock hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, GA
reviews: 47
Cabins at Highland Lake Inn?

Anyone recently stay in one of the cabins at the Highland lake Inn? I had reservations for the Woodward House, but someone told me it was a bit run down, and that the cabins were much nicer, so I switched my reservation to a cabin. I was wondering what condition the cabins were in..clean, well-maintained? I have a reservation in April for the Sourwood Cabin (which is probably too late to cancel), but I have another for October to stay in the Basil cabin. Any experiences with the cabins would be welcome!

NC
reviews: 1
1. Re: Cabins at Highland Lake Inn?

I have not stayed overnight at Highland Lake but we eat there some at Season's Restaurant - we went today for brunch. It is marvelous - we drive from Charlotte just to eat there. The grounds are beautiful and I can't imagine your stay would be anything but relaxing and enjoyable.

Now- here's a tip - the former owners of HIghland Lake Inn now own the new Lake House at Highland Lake just beside the Inn. It's brand new. The owner took us on a tour of the rooms this afternoon and they are exceptional!! A new spa is opening there this summer. They are also running specials right now - it's a cut above the Inn. Their website is www.highlandlake.com .

Best wishes.

Flat Rock, NC
2. Re: Cabins at Highland Lake Inn?

We are so happy that you have decided to spend some time with us

here at Highland Lake Inn. Spring and Fall are certainly the best times to enjoy our grounds and beautiful mountain setting. You can also enjoy the fabulous cuisine at our Season's restaurant. Both Sourwood and Basil are part of our Garden Hamlet Cottages, the newest additions to our lodging facilities. Both units are less than 3 years old and offer open, modern floor plans and private decks to enjoy the outdoors. They are lovingly decorated and maintained to our highest standards. All of our facilities, including the Woodward House, have been continually updated over the years to ensure they are delightful. Our greatest wish is that you will thoroughly enjoy your time here with us.

We look forward to seeing you in April!

NC
3. Re: Cabins at Highland Lake Inn?

City Girl- that previous post says a lot to me! Go and have a great time!

san diego
reviews: 6
4. Re: Cabins at Highland Lake Inn?

My husband and I stayed at the Woodward House in Nov. 2004. It was gorgeous inside. Our room (ground floor) seemed brand new and was extremely comfortable (great bed, fireplace, french doors).

I think we saw some cabins on our walks; these properties (near a pony ring of sorts) were for sale. They could be different from the cabins you're talking about (the cabins we saw had "names").

I can't imagine anything really run-down at HL. It's such a neat retreat area-- yoga studio, organic gardens, incredible restaurant. We hope to come back sometime this year (we live in San Diego but love the Blue Ridge Mtns.).

Have a great trip!

Marjorie

Florida
reviews: 3
5. Re: Cabins at Highland Lake Inn?

Highland Lake Inn or Lakehouse at Highland Lake.

Which is better and which one might have less children running around?

NC
6. Re: Cabins at Highland Lake Inn?

the Lake House is better - brand new. More intimate and upscale. We took a tour not long ago. It is more expensive than the inn but better. They also have a full service spa.

7. Re: Cabins at Highland Lake Inn?

Bud41 and Ramblinman9, thank you for your posts about Highland Lake Inn and the Lake House. These two properties are separately owned, and while the Lake House is a brand new facility, their spa is still under construction. The Lake House also does not have onsite dining facilities. The Woodward House, the bed and breakfast lodging choice for Highland Lake Inn, has individually decorated rooms, some with fireplaces and whirlpool tubs, and has a large Southern Country breakfast buffet from our on-site award-winning Season’s Restaurant included in your room rates. You can also request in-room massages and there is a yoga studio that is also available within walking distance from the Woodward House. We have a swimming pool and 40-acre lake with canoes and paddleboats for your enjoyment as well. You will find our property expansive enough to wander around, yet also intimate enough for a romantic getaway. Please take time to visit our website at www.HLInn.com for more information about other lodging choices or call our Guest Services department at 1-800-762-1376 and they will be happy to answer any questions about Highland Lake Inn.

Florida
8. Re: Cabins at Highland Lake Inn?

My husband and I will be staying in the Sourwood also, we will arrive April 12th. Have you already been there? If so let me know how it was and if not I will let you know. My husband went there for summer camp every year from age 8 and up. He wanted to return to see the marvelous changes. I can't wait to go there.

9. Re: Cabins at Highland Lake Inn?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 am, September 24, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Flat Rock