We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Q about Marconi Wireless Station

Which Wellfleet hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
reviews: 230
Q about Marconi Wireless Station

I know it's not much to see at this site, but I'm interested in all thing technological so we want to stop off.

Is there decent beach-strolling from here? I've heard you MUST do some beach strolling along the National Seashore, so I figured 'kill two birds' and start here.

Is that feasible?

Thanks!

Connecticut Yankee
reviews: 9
1. Re: Q about Marconi Wireless Station

The views from the top of that overlook near the model of the Marconi station are breathtaking. It's the highest point on Cape Cod and the sweeping vista is gorgeous. The beach isn't too shabby either! Enjoy!

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 61
2. Re: Q about Marconi Wireless Station

Marconi beach is gorgeous for walking and hanging out.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
reviews: 1
3. Re: Q about Marconi Wireless Station

You may also be interested in the French Cable Station museum in Orleans. www.frenchcablestationmuseum.org

Boston
reviews: 15
4. Re: Q about Marconi Wireless Station

I agree- this is a great thing to do, and there are a few things to see (not quite a museum, but more than just a plaque). This is a truly gorgeous spot on the National Seashore. Don't know if this would interest you also, but up at Race Point in Provincetown (the end point of the National Seashore) if you walk out to the beach there, there is a cool little historical museum in a weather beaten old house, about the old shipwreck lifesaver stations that were up and down the East Coast. This is a haunting little slice of history -- technological? Maybe a little bit (how they would get out to the shipwrecks, etc.).

Buffalo
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
reviews: 36
5. Re: Q about Marconi Wireless Station

Also, the parking lot is adjacent to the White Cedar Swamp Trail, which is worth exploring.

conn
reviews: 39
6. Re: Q about Marconi Wireless Station

the park visotor centers sell a small guide book about the site full of pictures and info about the scince and history. makes a visit much more understanadle. this also a great place to watch seals.

7. Re: Q about Marconi Wireless Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 31, 2010