We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving dinner

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Thanksgiving dinner

We will be in San Diego over Thanksgiving, my husband and I and our two girls 24 and 26, and would like recommendations on places to go for Thanksgiving dinner. We would prefer a buffet dinner. Also, it would be nice to be on the water, if possible, but our priority is good food in a nice atmosphere. We are looking for good value and not a tourist trap so we are flexible as far as budget. We are staying at Embassy Suites near the Gas Lamp District but we will have a car so we are also flexible as far as location of the restaurant. Thanks for any help!

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
1. Re: Thanksgiving dinner

Hi nanwiz!

Have a look here for restaurants and their menus on Thanksgiving. You can also narrow the search down by neighborhood. For buffet I think you should be looking to the hotels like The Westgate and Grant Grill. I doubt you'll be able to be on the water with a buffet.

www.opentable.com/promo.aspx…

Edited: 1:08 pm, November 15, 2013
San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 61
2. Re: Thanksgiving dinner

The Shores Restaurant at the La Jolla Shores Hotel is on that list and has a nice buffet . It overlooks gorgeous LJ Shores Beach and is about 20min, north of downtown.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
3. Re: Thanksgiving dinner

I should say that there are a limited number of restaurants on the water. Bertrand at Mister A's is a few min drive north (or a $10 ish taxi) of Downtown in Bankers Hill and they have an incredible view. No buffet. Ruth Chris has some tables with a view of the bay - also no buffet.

Edited: 1:24 pm, November 15, 2013
Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 352
4. Re: Thanksgiving dinner

Depends on a lot of factors. Is water more important than buffet, is 11AM-4PM an acceptable window for "dinner", if so, look at Humphrey's on the Bay.

humphreysrestaurant.com/assets/pdf/humphreys…

Water view and great food, George's at the Cove, great view and good food, The Marine Room in La Jolla; good food on the bay in Coronado, Il Fornaio.

But I'd book soon, places are filling up.

San Diego, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 10
5. Re: Thanksgiving dinner

Tom Ham's Lighthouse has recently renovated both the property and the menu. It is right at the edge of the harbor on the water. Lovely views. It gets pretty good reviews these days. The do have a Thanksgiving bufffet

tomhamslighthouse.com/menus/thanksgiving-buf…

reviews: 767
6. Re: Thanksgiving dinner

Check and see if The Sheerwater @ the Hotel Del Coronado is serving that day. Beautiful views here and the Hotel Del Coronado is awesome. :)

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
7. Re: Thanksgiving dinner

Newspaper ad says that both restaurants in the Westgate Hotel are serving.

Le Fontainebleau Room

$69 - bufffet

Live Music

The Westgate Room

$62 - 4 course menu

Also in the paper is an article that says Marina Kitchen in the Marriott (some tables with views of the bay) is serving a TDay buffet dinner but I don't see it on their website.

utsandiego.com/news/…

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
8. Re: Thanksgiving dinner

Island Prime & CLevel have great views but aren't serving a buffet

cohnrestaurants.com/islandprime/post/island-…

9. Re: Thanksgiving dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10:11 pm, November 21, 2013
10. Re: Thanksgiving dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, November 23, 2014