We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay in san diego area

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bergen, Norway
reviews: 16
where to stay in san diego area

Hi,

We will only stay one night in San Diego in June, where can we stay to see most of the city ?

Cozy streets and the atmosphere is what we want.

Hotels must have parking space.

hoping for some advice from you :)

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 13
1. Re: where to stay in san diego area

Well, the two main places would be the Pacific Beach area if you want to be on the ocean, or the Downtown area (including the Gaslamp Quarter) if you prefer a more Urban setting.

Hotels do have parking, some places are free, but others do have a nightly charge, especially in the Downtown area.

The city of San Diego is quite large, the southern end is on the Mexican Border, and the northern end is about 30 miles away from the border. So there is no way you can see it all in one day.

I personally prefer the Beach vibe.

San Diego...
reviews: 31
2. Re: where to stay in san diego area

Old Town is a fairly central location. Parking is tight there, but your hotel may have its own parking lot. If you want to be within easy walking distance of the ocean, the only neighborhoods to choose from are Sunset Cliffs, Ocean Beach, Mission Beach, Pacific Beach, La Jolla, or the city of Coronado.

Bergen, Norway
3. Re: where to stay in san diego area

Thanks, we've seen some of La Jolla Cove Suites, Hilton San Diego Gaslamp, Hotel Solamar or

Pacific Terrace Hotel.

We will be driving through California and unfortunately only one day in San Diego and then it is so important and stay in the right area, what do you think about the hotels I've ever seen?

Thank you so mutch fo taken your time to answer me :)

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 13
4. Re: where to stay in san diego area

My first choice is the Pacific Terrace, highly rated here at TA, and in a great location with lots to see/do within walking distance.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60750-d112273-…

Bergen, Norway
5. Re: where to stay in san diego area

Great,Thank you so mutch :)

we will book that one, Than you :)

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 377
6. Re: where to stay in san diego area

There are far more that two places to stay (Pacific Beach & Gaslamp), you have Coronado, Mission Beach, La Jolla, Old Town, Little Italy, Point Loma and more.

People should have asked your budget.

I would not say Pacific Beach has "cozy streets".

Little Italy does and Coronado does, maybe La Jolla too.

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 45
7. Re: where to stay in san diego area

pacific terrace is in a great location for restaurants, walking the boardwalk, watching the sunset. only about a 5 minute drive to one of the main freeways and maybe a 15 minute drive to la jolla which you can get to by going on residential roads and not the freeway. however, as mentioned above, i would not describe it as cozy. cozy, i'd think coronado - maybe glorietta bay hotel, you could see the hotel del, the beach and take the ferry to downtown for a few hours. or, i'd think of some places in la jolla. lots of restaurants beautiful ocean front but a little further away from central san diego.

8. Re: where to stay in san diego area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, October 11, 2014