We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old Town Inn question

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rishon Lezion...
reviews: 4
Old Town Inn question

Hi

Me and my wife are travelling for one month in US as part of our honey moon

We are not looking for Fancy hotels but also not a backpacker type :)

means, not the cheapest one, but a decent one, with good private rooms and in a good location.

What do you think about Old Town Inn?

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60750-d80255-R…

It got good reviews, and ranked #20. my question is, how is it for a 2 star hotel? does it feel like 2 start? Again, I'm asking coz still we're in an honeymoon, the room is not less important than the trip itself

Rishon Lezion...
21. Re: Old Town Inn question

Wow, thanks a lot for all your tips. look like for now I prefer the BW, although I'll still keep the Old Town Inn option in the air (want to read more info about it).

Rishon Lezion...
22. Re: Old Town Inn question

BTW, in the Old Town there is another option for good price:

La Quinta Inn San Diego Old Town - Airport, San Diego

However, still from the reviews here, Little Italy sounds a bit better area

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 378
23. Re: Old Town Inn question

>>> but you could be anywhere in the USA to be surrounded by restaurants<<<

Very few cities in the world, including NYC, LA or SF will offer Mexican, BBQ, Japanese, Vietnamese, Afghani, French, wine bars, New American gastropubs, grass fed burgers, Indian, Jewish deli, Italian, Thai, Spanish, an artisan bakery, a specialty sausage restaurant, Chinese, Moroccan and Greek in a three block area.... if you want real diversity and choice.... well then you may need to walk three more blocks.

Mi Wuk Village...
24. Re: Old Town Inn question

If by backpacker hotels you mean the type found in the third world and tacky parts of Europe there aren't a lot of those. Two star hotels are generally basic rooms and facilities. I've been to two stars with pools and free breakfasts. Old Town inn if you have a car should meet your needs. Given how San Diego is divided into neighborhoods it is about as central for a tourist as you can get.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 62
25. Re: Old Town Inn question

scott, I agree that the restaurant diversity in Hillcrest is wonderful!

There are other amenities though that make an area interesting for a first time visitor and the views of San Diego Bay to me are more interesting than the streets of Hillcrest.

BTW 9th AVE in NYC comes really close to the diversity!

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
26. Re: Old Town Inn question

I still prefer the BW Plus Bayside over Hillcrest as a vacation / honeymoon location. Seriously with the water a couple of minutes out the door to walk to and all the great restaurants. In Hillcrest you're surrounded by my doctors' offices, hospitals, and, yes, some good restaurants. And, there is no getting around the sirens from the ambulances day or night.

But, my first choice will be Little Italy and the Bay over Hillcrest as a vacation destination.

Re: the Old Town Inn - It's on a busy street. You cross it and walk under the freeway and through a parking lot to get to Old Town. At night it feels a little 'quiet' but I don't think it's dangerous.

The La Quinta is a good location. But I still prefer Little Italy over Old Town or Hillcrest.

Rishon Lezion...
27. Re: Old Town Inn question

There is now deal in september for the Bristol Hotel:

161$ per night (ranked #37)

BEST WESTERN PLUS Bayside Inn iis 137$ (ranked 7#1)

What do you think? does it worth it? how is the hotel and its location (I think It's more walking distance to Little Italy...)

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 62
28. Re: Old Town Inn question

The Bristol has a deal for September where they include parking. IF that is the deal you mean then it is a good one but they don't include breakfast.

The BW Bayside will charge for parking but they give you breakfast sooo you'll have to decide which is better for you.

The Bristol is closer to our gaslamp entertainment area with its tons of bars/restaurants/pubs/music venues etc. The BW is closer to Little Italy but I don't think that matters.

You'll just have to do the math and decide which fits better for you.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
29. Re: Old Town Inn question

The Bristol is a very good location! You can walk to so many restaurants, bars, cafes right out the door. You can also walk to the Bay and Marina in about 10 minutes! Can't beat that!

I'll be walking right by it this afternoon on my way to my hairdresser!

30. Re: Old Town Inn question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, August 31, 2014