We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Supermarket near to Cucina Urbana restaurant

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
reviews: 5
Supermarket near to Cucina Urbana restaurant

Hi all

wondering if there is any big supermarket like walmart, target, etc near to Cucina Urbana restaurant which we could go to after dinner. it will be our first night at san diego and would like to stock up on water and snacks etc...

regards

San Diego...
1. Re: Supermarket near to Cucina Urbana restaurant

We don't call those supermarkets but stores with a grocery section. And there aren't any near there.

However, there is a Ralphs Supermarket very close by, just a little over a mile

http://goo.gl/maps/Ewjfa

…ralphs.com/StoreLocator/…

There's also a nice Von's in Hillcrest on Washington.

vons.com/IFL/Grocery/Store-Locator-Results

Both the Ralphs and Vons are within a few minutes drive - 5 mins approx.

There are 2 Targets that will be approx a 15 min drive. One is in Mission Valley just off of the 8 Fwy and the other is in Point Loma on Sports Arena Blvd.

http://tinyurl.com/lltmuh4

There is no Walmart in the immediate area.

Edited: 3:04 am, July 11, 2013
San Diego...
2. Re: Supermarket near to Cucina Urbana restaurant

BTW - I was initially thinking that you are staying near Cucina Urbana but now I'm wondering where you are staying. Is it near the restaurant? If not, there may be a store closer to your hotel.

Also, I'm sure you know that you need a reservation at Cucina Urbana. I'm sure you would know that since you've done research on dining there.

Singapore
3. Re: Supermarket near to Cucina Urbana restaurant

thks much!

dun think we will have the energy to do a 15mins drive (even though it is only 15 mins) cause that will be our first day in the States after almost 24 hrs on the plane.. so it will be either Ralphs or Vons. Just checked out their websites. Ralphs seems to be bigger and sells more stuff… in terms of pricing, r they comparable?

San Diego...
4. Re: Supermarket near to Cucina Urbana restaurant

Yes, they are comparable. Vons is a newer store (and maybe a tad bit bigger but not anything I'd worry about) but although Ralphs is older it still is a very nice store and I'm sure will serve your needs for your arrival shopping. That particular Ralphs isn't really bigger than the Von's. If you are really staying close to Cucina Urbana the Ralphs is a minute or two closer so you might just head there.

Are you staying in a hotel or have you rented a home or condo? Just curious I live just 5 mins south from Cucina Urbana. Again, I'm sure you have a reservation ..... It's not a restaurant that you can just walk into for dinner. It's a nice neighborhood.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 344
5. Re: Supermarket near to Cucina Urbana restaurant

There are two things to consider, one is parking, the other is variety.

Von's is much easier for parking because it is a standalone store, Ralph's is in a shopping center with other stores where parking can be a bigger challenge. While Ralph's and Von's are probably virtually identical on what they stock in terms of groceries, the one advantage of going to Ralph's is that there is also a Trader Joe's there as well that adds to your choices.

Von's gets the edge for parking, Ralph's/Trader Joe's for selection.

You didn't mention where you are staying, but Downtown has a very nice Albertson's with lots of parking underneath it and Ralph's has a nice Downtown store as well, also with underground parking.

Singapore
6. Re: Supermarket near to Cucina Urbana restaurant

HI Elizzie and scottca

thks for your suggestions. i have yet to book any accommodation for the trip... in fact i am about to post a query soon on where to stay while in sd... i am gathering advance infor so that i have more options later on.

and thanks for telling me about the need to reserve... will have to find out if they accept reservation by email since it may be too late to call to reserve on the same day.....

and what is the name of the shopping centre where Ralph is? it sounds good as i have already made plans to visit Trader Joe's anyway....

San Diego...
7. Re: Supermarket near to Cucina Urbana restaurant

octopusmum - I gave you the link to Ralph's in my 1st reply. However, depending on where you end up staying there might be a grocery store closer to you and more convenient. For instance if you end up staying at Homewood Suites Liberty Station their is a Trader Joe's and a Von's right there close by. There are also a couple of other hotels near LS. If you were to stay Downtown there is a great Ralph's and well as the Albertson's. Here's Ralph's in Hillcrest again

http://goo.gl/maps/Ich42

Cucina Urbana is a restaurant that is best to book at least a couple of weeks in advance. It is very popular and you won't get in unless you do book in advance.

They are listed on Opentable.com so, yes, you can book online. Have a look on the right side of their web page

http://www.cucinaurbana.com/home

Edited: 8:35 pm, July 11, 2013
Singapore
8. Re: Supermarket near to Cucina Urbana restaurant

hi Elizzie

thks once again:)

i had already checked out cucina urbana's website as soon as i saw your post about making reservations...and realised that i need to have a US phone number, it seems..... so i have just emailed them to ask if it is really the case....

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 344
9. Re: Supermarket near to Cucina Urbana restaurant

It is called The Uptown District Shopping Center.

http://goo.gl/maps/enVSc

San Diego...
10. Re: Supermarket near to Cucina Urbana restaurant

Actually you don't. It won't let me provide a link to the exact page but after you pick the date and time that you want your reservation it takes you to the next page. At the top of the page it says Complete Your Reservation at Cucina Urbana. Under that it asked for your name and then your Phone Number. There is a Drop Down list of Countries and Singapore is On the list ! So you should be able to book. United States will be the first country listed and showing. Give it a try and see if it works.

Edited: 9:16 pm, July 11, 2013