We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

smoking in Mission Bay

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Neenah, WI
Level Contributor
153 posts
3 reviews
smoking in Mission Bay

Hi all,

I understand that there the hotel properties do not allow smoking in the building but can you smoke on the hotel properties?

thanks in advance!

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
9,624 posts
14 reviews
1. Re: smoking in Mission Bay

I would imagine it would be better to call the individual property you are interested in and calling them directly.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
19,240 posts
2. Re: smoking in Mission Bay

Fortunately we have pretty strict smoking laws, as far as where someone can smoke. There are also hotels that are completely smoke free, so as advised above probably best to call and ask especially since you havent given the name of the hotel you are wondering about. I doubt there is one blanket policy that every hotel on Mission Bay goes by other than what is prohibited by law.

Edited: 11:57 am, July 04, 2013
San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
49,702 posts
62 reviews
3. Re: smoking in Mission Bay

California in general is a very anti smoking state!

Technically you are not even supposed to smoke on many of our beaches because of the trouble that cigarette butts cause when thrown into the sand!!

I would imagine that most hotels would not allow smoking around their pools but you may be able to walk outside the hotel building and find a spot away from people where you would not be noticed and where your smoke would not bother other guests.

Neenah, WI
Level Contributor
153 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: smoking in Mission Bay

Thank you all! I've done some research and some do allow it on the property but others do not.

5. Re: smoking in Mission Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 08, 2014