We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about Old town

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
reviews: 7
Question about Old town

HI

would be visiting San Diego in late Nov this year. i intend to visit San Diego old town and its Saturday market. would like to know how long will it take to cover these attractions. if i can finish touring the place plus visiting the market before dinner time , say at 7pm, i may drive on to Anaheim in the same night.

thks

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 61
1. Re: Question about Old town

You can certainly visit Old Town and the market during the day. Depending on what time you get there in the AM I'd expect that you could easily be finished by some time in the early afternoon.

Chula Vista...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 102
2. Re: Question about Old town

Hi,

I agree with Riff M as far as getting done with both the market and Old Town by mid to late afternoon.

One thing that concerns me just a little is when in "late Nov" you plan on being here. Our Thanksgiving Day national holiday is Thursday, 28 November, and that becomes a four day weekend for many. It's without a doubt our most heavily traveled holiday of the year.

So if you're trying to drive anywhere on Wednesday the 27th, Thursday the 28th, or Sunday the 1st of Dec., you'll likely be in some very heavy traffic. If you're driving on the Saturday of that weekend, things won't be so bad.

Many places (not all) will be closed on Thanksgiving Day, so it's wise to check in advance before committing to a destination.

Zed

EDIT: I just saw from one of your other posts that you will be arriving in San Diego the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and your modified plan to drive to Anaheim on Sunday. I'd make it a point to try and leave here Saturday evening to avoid some of the traffic on Sunday.

Singapore
3. Re: Question about Old town

Hi Zed and riff

Thanks both for your advice. It certainly helps to know about the traffic situation on Sunday. I will drive to Anaheim on sat evening. I plan to go to the zoo on 27 nov. hope it won't be too crowded. On thanksgiving day, plan to go to sea world. Do u know if it will be opened ?

San Diego...
4. Re: Question about Old town

If you decide to stay over Sat night just make sure you leave by probably 830-900am and traffic won't be an issue to Anaheim. Even a little later you probably are fine but to be safe the earlier the better.

Singapore
5. Re: Question about Old town

Hi goodbeer

Thanks for the advice. Think I want to be as near as possible to Disneyland to get a good headstart :)

Chula Vista...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 102
6. Re: Question about Old town

Hi Octopusmum,

According to SeaWorld's website, it will be open on Thanksgiving Day:

seaworldparks.com/seaworld-sandiego/Park-Inf…

Zed

Singapore
7. Re: Question about Old town

Hi Zed

Thanks! Really appreciate that:)

8. Re: Question about Old town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 24, 2014