We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disneyland/San Diego

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
McAllen
Disneyland/San Diego

We will be traveling from Texas to Disneyland in November or early December. We will be flying in on a Saturday and flying out the following Sunday, so we have eight nights. We are thinking of going to Disneyland first for probably four nights and then traveling to San Diego for the remainder of our trip. My question is this: We won't need a car while we're in Disney, but will probably want to rent one to go from Disney to San Diego and for the time we are in San Diego. Are there any car rental agencies near Disney that where we could pick up a car and then drop it off at the airport at the end of our stay? Thanks!

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
reviews: 56
1. Re: Disneyland/San Diego

Hi Shana

For questions about staying in Anaheim, I suggest posting on the Anaheim forum. Folks on that forum can also help you determine if your visit will be during a busy time.

McAllen
2. Re: Disneyland/San Diego

Also, when we go to San Diego can we do the zoo and the Safari Park in one day or do we need two days?

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 57
3. Re: Disneyland/San Diego

The zoo and Safari Park are 40min. apart by car so no you cannot do them in one day!

Who all is in your travel group?? I ask because if there are children involved then their ages may help decide which activities are most appropriate.

There are lots of things to see/do in San Diego that are not theme/animal parks but helping you plan will require more info about your likes/interests and who is traveling??

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 13
4. Re: Disneyland/San Diego

Pretty much every major rental car company is in the Disneyland (Anaheim) area, so no worries. Shop around and get the best price.

If you are not bring the car back to the Anaheim area, check the one-way drop off charges.

Goodyear, Arizona...
5. Re: Disneyland/San Diego

There is an Alamo at Downtown Disney.

Shannon

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 344
6. Re: Disneyland/San Diego

Which airport are you flying into and out of? Where are you staying in Anaheim? Have you priced out four days vs nine? Figured out transportation costs from the airport to the DLR? If you don't have a car in Anaheim you are somewhat confined to a small area and average, chain restaurants. If I was in OC from McAllen I'd want to visit some of the beach cities.

Checking prices on the Internet is easy so check the rental car companies for pricing with drop off at the airport. If you belong to Costco, they have a great car rental service.

http://www.costcotravel.com

7. Re: Disneyland/San Diego

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 11, 2014