We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favorite places to eat in Coronado

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Goodyear, Arizona...
Favorite places to eat in Coronado

Where are your favorite places to eat in Coronado? I will be there with my daughters (3,7) and my mom for 4 days in June. What should we not miss?

Shannon

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 13
1. Re: Favorite places to eat in Coronado

Did you know that Coronado is its own city in San Diego County, and has its own forum here at TA?

You will more than likely get the same responses here in the San Diego City forum, and the Coronado Forum, but then, you might get more info at the Coronado forum.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g32250-i396-Corona…

San Diego...
2. Re: Favorite places to eat in Coronado

If you went to the Coronado forum like the poster above suggests you will see there isn't much activity, so you are likely to get more responses posting here like you did.

Not knowing what you are looking for some of my favorite sots are LeRoys, Coronado Brewing Co, Candales 1500 Ocean, etc.

San Diego...
reviews: 21
3. Re: Favorite places to eat in Coronado

I love Peohes. But a client just went there per my recommendation and reported flies flying around and a weird smell. Candelas on the Bay is good. There is also the Coronado Boathouse. The procuttio wrapped hearts of palm are out of this world!

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 13
4. Re: Favorite places to eat in Coronado

MANY DE's recommend going to the specific website. I stated that either would be correct, but then others say to go straight to the most direct forum.

Alas, TA has some very confusing things. In Southern California, Orange County has a "subcategory" for the entire area, then the cities, but not in other counties, such as Los Angeles and San Diego, and others.

La Jolla is a bit strange, it is actually a community in the city of San Diego, but has its own forum. (It used to be its own city, and has its own zip codes and post office).

But going to the most specific location usually is the best option.

reviews: 714
5. Re: Favorite places to eat in Coronado

Miguel's is good for Mexican food! We also love the restaurants at The Del: The Sheerwater and 1500 Ocean. :)

San Diego, CA
reviews: 18
6. Re: Favorite places to eat in Coronado

Coronado has some great places to eat. Here are my favorites:

View of the bay/SD skyline: Any of the restaurants in the Ferry Landing complex. As mentioned, some like Peohes for the fish and tropical-style cuisine. I enjoy the atmosphere/ambiance at Il Fornai -- the food is good but probably not great. Candelas (also mentioned above) has upscale Mexican food -- usually very good. Or, you can skip the pricey tab and go to Spiro's Gyros for pretty good Greek fast food with patio views of the bay.

Rubbing elbows with the rich & famous: Hotel Del's Sheerwater restaurant on the patio ... my mom saw one of her TV detective actors there and nearly fainted! The food is over-priced, but that's to be expected. Or, for a slightly less expensive meal, go to the hotel's Sun Deck walk-up and splurge on a burger or salad -- again, too expensive but the ambiance is great, and you're on vacation after all!

Cheap eats (sort of) in town: Delux Gourmet Hot Dogs on Orange Ave. (veggie dogs available too). I love this place. They have a lot of interesting dogs, and the ingredients are fresh and top-notch.

Mexican food: Costa Azul or Miguel's -- both on Orange Ave. in the heart of town are quite good.

Local's favorite: Tartine, a French-style bistro on 1st St. near the Ferry Landing.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 338
7. Re: Favorite places to eat in Coronado

Good places to consider in Coronado are Chez Loma for French, Candelas for Mexican, Sapori and Primavera for Italian, Swaddee for Thai, Saiko Sushi for Japanese, LeRoy's for New American and Burger Lounge for grass fed beef and bison burgers.

Clayton's Coffee Shop is a down home place for breakfast; McP's is a Navy SEAL bar/pub; Tartine, very casual quiche & breakfast place; the restaurants in the Hotel del are more expensive than they need to be but have great views; Miguel's is fun, but very average Mexican food and not worth a wait of more than 10 minutes (wait can be an hour on weekends & summer); Coronado Brewing Co is very casual and great beer brewed there; Tent City Bistro for breakfast or lunch; Il Fornaio for okay Italian, but a great view.

8. Re: Favorite places to eat in Coronado

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:35 pm, May 09, 2013
Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 338
9. Re: Favorite places to eat in Coronado

>>>You can Get the List of Restaurants for Lunch and Dinner at finduslocalxxx<<<

No you can't.

What a completely awful website.

If you'd like a source besides TA, yelp.com, chowhound.com, urbanspoon.com and zagat.com are all much better and more reliable.

San Diego...
10. Re: Favorite places to eat in Coronado

Save room for dessert...

www.nadolife.com/mootime/loc-coronado.html