We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Diego - what's up with this weather?

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Canada
reviews: 2
San Diego - what's up with this weather?

We've been in Coronado for two weeks now. We've had jackets on pretty much every day we've been here. Today, it's jeans and jackets........what is up with this weather? I should not complain since they have had nearly a foot of snow in the past 24 hours at home.

San Diego...
1. Re: San Diego - what's up with this weather?

Like you said, you could be in Calgary right now.

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 2
2. Re: San Diego - what's up with this weather?

You are right, GoodBeer........but it doesn't make it any better when we are on vacation and expecting sunny skies and warm, sandy beaches. ;o)

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 60
3. Re: San Diego - what's up with this weather?

The whole world is experiencing weather changes so I guess this is ours!!

We just came back from a cruise to Mexico and were unhappy to see this gray/drizzle greeting us this morning!!

As they say,"Oh well it could have been snow!"

San Diego...
reviews: 27
4. Re: San Diego - what's up with this weather?

I agree! I was at the airport this morning and people's flights were on major delay because of storms. I am just glad it isn't snowing! I cannot imagine snow this time of year!

May gray is a few weeks early!

San Diego...
5. Re: San Diego - what's up with this weather?

Sorry - I've been thinking of you ...

Let's just hope that the weather gets better for you in the next 2 weeks. Personally, I don't mind it because, well, I've lived in Southern California my whole life and enjoy a little 'weather.' But, I certainly understand someone coming here for vacation hoping for better weather than we've been having.

San Diego, CA
reviews: 3
6. Re: San Diego - what's up with this weather?

It's like this every year between March and July. Sometimes August. The fog comes in and just stays. Go about 10 miles inland and it's sunny and warm. Come back in August, September and October and it's perfect. Warm, dry, sunny. I don't like this gloom either.

Pauma Valley, CA
reviews: 21
7. Re: San Diego - what's up with this weather?

I drove out to Lake Henshaw this morning for breakfast and the sun broke through and it was beautiful. Drove back down the 76 towards home in Pauma Valley and the overcast. Drizzled this evening. It is supposed to start getting warmer this week.

San Diego...
reviews: 1
8. Re: San Diego - what's up with this weather?

I agree this sux, I had to wear pants today ...=( Last time I wore pants was over a month ago.

La Jolla, California
Destination Expert
for La Jolla
reviews: 56
9. Re: San Diego - what's up with this weather?

Hmmm, I could have sworn we had absolutely gorgeous weather last week, even here by the beach. I didn't even have to wear my fleece jacket, and that is saying something about this weather wimp!

Fortaleza, CE
reviews: 360
10. Re: San Diego - what's up with this weather?

It's only mid-April. E-mail or phone friends back in Calgary. Ask if they feel sorry for you. We'll be in Seattle and San Francisco in June and will probably have colder weather than you're experiencing in SD now. We were in SD in June a couple of years ago and were quite cold in the evening at Petco Park.

Edited: 3:51 pm, April 15, 2013