We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bahia or Catamaran Resort and other questions?

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
Bahia or Catamaran Resort and other questions?

My husband I are planning a trip to the San Diego in June with our 10 year old son. We are considering staying at the Bahia or Catamaran Resort due to a good deal being offered. Which would you recommend? I read that the hotels are close to Sea World and the Zoo. We probably will not go to Sea World since we have been to Sea World in San Antonio and will only be in San Diego for four days.

My son loves Legos so LegoLand is a must. How far are these hotels from LegoLand? My son is not crazy about zoos but we heard the San Diego is a MUST. Would you recommend Belmont Park? Recommendations on other hotels and “must see sites” are appreciated

San Diego...
1. Re: Bahia or Catamaran Resort and other questions?

Either hotel is fine, they are near each other, but I like Catarmarans location slightly better so is choose it.

About 40 minutes to Legoland.

Belmont Park is right on the beach near your hotel, so I'm sure you'll make your way over there, there is no admission fee so go and decide what you want to do.

Edited: 10:30 am, April 07, 2013
San Diego...
2. Re: Bahia or Catamaran Resort and other questions?

I'd probably take the Catamaran for the location. Also more to walk to. As said Belmont Park is close by so you'll go there I'm sure. Right on the beach and free to get in.

Do you think your son would be interested in visiting the USS Midway?

http://www.midway.org/

There's also a Russian Submarine close by

http://www.sdmaritime.org/

Very close to Pacific Beach is the Birch Aquarium.

Balboa Park next door to the Zoo has an Air & Space Museum, Railroad & Automotive Museums an IMAX theater.

Pauma Valley, CA
reviews: 18
3. Re: Bahia or Catamaran Resort and other questions?

All previous recommendations are good ones. If you don't want to see the Zoo, a 10 year old may like the Air and Space museum, the Automotive museum, The Rueben H Fleet Science Center and the Model Railroad museum in Balboa Park. www.balboapark.org/in-the-park/museums. The Fleet Science Center shows Imax educational movies and has a hall with over 100 hands on science exhibits. The Air and Space Museum is showing a Ripley's Believe it or Not Exhibit currently. sandiegoairandspace.org/exhibits/… Legoland is great, your son will love it, just don't go into the shop until you're ready to leave. I have only stayed at the Bahia Hotel and really liked it within walking distance of Belmont Park and Mission Beach. Have fun!

4. Re: Bahia or Catamaran Resort and other questions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 09, 2014