We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where can I buy a MTS day pass?

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tianjin, China
Where can I buy a MTS day pass?

Near the international airport or Hilton Mission Valley is the best.

Thanks so much~

San Diego...
1. Re: Where can I buy a MTS day pass?

The closest place is at the Old Town Transit Center. You would need to take the Green Line Trolley from the Fashion Valley Mall to the Old Town Transit Center and buy it there.

http://goo.gl/maps/3BYLQ

Edited: 12:05 am, April 07, 2013
Tianjin, China
2. Re: Where can I buy a MTS day pass?

Thanks so much for your help.

San Diego...
3. Re: Where can I buy a MTS day pass?

Enjoy your visit to San Diego, Lylam767 !!

Don't hesitate to ask if you have anymore questions.

Edited: 1:11 am, April 07, 2013
Williamston...
reviews: 78
4. Re: Where can I buy a MTS day pass?

I believe all the trolley stations have a machine where you can purchase a day pass (they call it a "Compass" card). You can use a credit card or paper currency. It's $7 for your first day pass, but then you can renew the card with another $5 on each succeeding day. Just follow the directions on the touch screen. You then have to touch your card against a marked metal post at the trolley station with the Compass symbol. I think it lets the approaching trolley operator knows how many people they're picking up. The buses will also have an area on board next to the bus driver where you tap your card. The passes are good for both the trolleys and buses. It's a good deal if you're making more than a couple of rides a day, since a regular one way fare is $2.25.

Edited: 2:39 am, April 07, 2013
San Diego...
5. Re: Where can I buy a MTS day pass?

I believe Daniel is correct.

Tianjin, China
6. Re: Where can I buy a MTS day pass?

Daniel, I really appreciate your help.

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 13
7. Re: Where can I buy a MTS day pass?

You can also buy a Paper Single Day Pass on any MTS Bus. ($5)

If you want a multiple day (in a row) pass, you will need the Compass Card and use the Ticket Machines to validate the card.

http://www.sdmts.com/fares.asp#daypass

8. Re: Where can I buy a MTS day pass?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 09, 2014