We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me decide between hotels

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Orient, Ohio...
Help me decide between hotels

Hi there. We will be traveling to San Diego at the beginning of June. It will be myself and my husband, a 1 year old, a 12 year old and my mother. From the research I have done, I think we want to stay on Coronado. Would you pick the Glorietta Bay Inn or Coronado Island Marriot Resort?

Thanks in advance!

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
1. Re: Help me decide between hotels

I'm sure others will chime in and hopefully so. I worked next door to the Marriott for many years. The Marriott is a nice resort type property and next door to restaurants with a several more within a 5 - 10 min walk. The Coronado Ferry Landing is next door (with restaurants, etc.) All are family friendly. The Albertsons Grocery Store is a block away. You can take the Ferry from there to Downtown SD to do some sightseeing and visit the Bay Front, Children's Musuem and / or catch public transportation to some local places and sites. All w/o having to worrry about parking. It's also a short 10 min drive to the other side where the Village and the Beach are.

The Glorietta Bay Inn is in the Village and the beach is across the street. You will have more options for places to eat. The pool is small and it isn't a 'resort type property'.

So it really depends on what type of stay you want. Marriott - resort property, nice pool, view and short drive to beach.

Glorietty - no view and a block from the beach and a small pool.

They are 10 mins or so between the two. So if you pick one for location (and not the hotel itself) you will still have the advantages of the 'areas' of each.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
2. Re: Help me decide between hotels

I would also ask if you've looked at the reviews for each property. For example.

yelp.com

Trip Advisor

I would not look at the ratings on TA but only the reviews.

Chula Vista...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 102
3. Re: Help me decide between hotels

Hi,

I second elizzie's recommendation for the Marriott (I used to live in the apartment complex next door).

There's a city park adjacent to the Marriott that the kids can play in as well. There are small beaches facing the harbor at the park and at the Coronado Ferry Landing.

Also at the Coronado Ferry Landing is a bike rental shop where you can rent bicycles and ride the Bayside Bikeway.

Enjoy your visit!

Zed

4. Re: Help me decide between hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 25, 2014