We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Fashion Valley from SeaWorld

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Canada
reviews: 2
Getting to Fashion Valley from SeaWorld

Hi there,

I'm currently planning a trip to San Diego and I'm getting really excited!

I do have a question regarding the logistics of getting to Fashion Valley from SeaWorld since I'm not renting a car. Google Maps says it takes 1 hour to bus to Fashion Valley but I am not sure if that is right since they seem pretty close from one another. If it is, I'm assuming I'm better off taking a taxi since its such a short ride. Can I catch a taxi at SeaWorld easily?

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 13
1. Re: Getting to Fashion Valley from SeaWorld

You catch the MTS Route 9 bus, which has a stop at the SeaWorld Parking Lot, basically go west from the Ticket Windows, next to the Taxi Stand (plenty of taxis are usually waiting for customers) .

Take Route 9 South to the Old Town Transit Center, and transfer to the San Diego Trolley Green Line, which has a stop at Fashion Valley.

www.sdcommute.com

It can be around 30 minutes if you time the bus just right, or an hour if the timing is off.

A taxi would be about $20, and probably under, depending on traffic, and of course tip. (around 5 miles, due to the way the Taxi exit works out).

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 57
2. Re: Getting to Fashion Valley from SeaWorld

Where are you staying in San Diego?

Are you only here for 1 day? I ask because it might be easier to get to Fashion Valley from your hotel. How are you planning to get to Sea World in the first place???

Calgary, Canada
3. Re: Getting to Fashion Valley from SeaWorld

Thanks for the helpful response Darkbeer, much appreciated!

Riff, I'm staying at the Westin Gaslamp. I only have 2 days in San Diego and Im planning to go to the zoo on the other day. I'm bussing to SeaWorld since it seems to be a more economical option.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 338
4. Re: Getting to Fashion Valley from SeaWorld

It is 3 1/2 miles straight up Friars/SeaWorld Drive. You could walk it faster than an hour.

http://goo.gl/maps/DE549

http://goo.gl/maps/d1obb

A cab should be cheap and fast.

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
5. Re: Getting to Fashion Valley from SeaWorld

Alas, the taxis exit out the West end of the parking lot, so it is a longer route than the main exit for personal vehicles (East end), that is why I mentioned about 5 miles.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 57
6. Re: Getting to Fashion Valley from SeaWorld

The Westin is a good location . As I thought you could just hop on our lightrail from the Westin to go to Fashion Valley so much quicker than a bus(same price) BTW I wonder if there is a particular store in Fashion Valley that you are planning to visit? It IS our nicest normal mall but your hotel is across the street from Horton Plaza which is also a mall you might choose to visit.

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
7. Re: Getting to Fashion Valley from SeaWorld

But it sounds like the OP will get a day pass, and then take a trip, the Westin to SeaWorld, then to Fashion Valley, and then back to the Westin, which makes sense, since the shopping is at the end, and you don't have to worry about the bags until just heading back to the Hotel.

San Diego...
8. Re: Getting to Fashion Valley from SeaWorld

Infinity - If you decide you want to save time you can call for a taxi. Maybe have them pick you up across the street on SeaWorld Drive where you'll be facing the right direction to get to Friars Road. Here's a couple of #'s or get a # from your hotel for the company that they use.

Yellow Cab (619) 444-4444

Orange Cab (619) 223-5555

When you're finished shopping just hop on the Trolley at the Fashion Valley Transit Center to get back to Downtown.

Calgary, Canada
9. Re: Getting to Fashion Valley from SeaWorld

I've considered visiting Horton Plaza, but Fashion Valley has more stores I like so that's why I chose to go to that mall over Horton Plaza.

Elizzie, how far of a walk is it to SeaWorld Drive from the usual area where taxis and buses pick up people?

Thank you all for the helpful replies!

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
10. Re: Getting to Fashion Valley from SeaWorld

OK, here is marked map, the point on the left is the Bus/Taxi Stand area inside the park, the Park Entrance is marked in Green, and then the lower right point is the point elizzie is talking about. IMHO, it isn't worth the walk to end up standing on the side of a busy street waiting for a taxi to come. I would just pay the extra few dollars and let the taxi use the Perez Cove exit that take the Taxi to Ingraham Street and then takes Sea World Drive to Friars Road to Fashion Valley. (Do not let the taxi use the I-8 Freeway, he might suggest it, but it is more expensive.

But then if a Route 9 bus is scheduled southbound sometime shortly after you exit the park (and they run every 20 minutes six days a week, and every 30 minutes on Sundays), I would just take the Bus to the Old Town Station and the the Trolley to Fashion Valley. Also, the Mission Valley Mall is close by and a short Trolley trip east bound if you want to do some more shopping.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5810340

www.sdmts.com/RouteFiles/routes/pdf/9.pdf