We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

celebratory cocktails after cityhall wedding

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New YOrk
reviews: 13
celebratory cocktails after cityhall wedding

Hi, we will be attending a wedding ceremony at San Diego city Hall and would like to find someone special nearby to have a celebratory cocktail. We are staying in LaJolla but thought it might be nice to just walk over to somewhere nice nearby. I looked at the rooftop bar at the Manchester Grand Hyatt, but it looks very stuffy. the ceremony is at 2pm, so I guess we'll be done by 3pm. maybe a little early for Happy Hour, but late for the lunch crowd? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

San Diego...
1. Re: celebratory cocktails after cityhall wedding

Top of the Hyatt is a great place to have a cocktail !! I don't think it's stuffy and if you go at 3:00 (they will have just opened) you should be able to get a table. Otherwise it can get packed. And it's a short walk.

San Diego...
2. Re: celebratory cocktails after cityhall wedding

If Top of the Hyatt doesn't appeal to you there's an outdoor patio at Roy's in the Marriott on the Marina.

There's also an outdoor patio at the Fish Market. I 'think' their HH starts at 3:00.

www.thefishmarket.com/ViewMenu.aspx?id=6

The Edgewater Grill in Seaport Village you can also sit outside and their HH starts at 3:00

http://www.edgewatergrill.com/

New YOrk
3. Re: celebratory cocktails after cityhall wedding

Thank you - i'll look at it again, although I wasn't crazy about their appetizer selections. Do you have any other suggestions in that area? It will be a group in their 20's so maybe a more 'hip' place would be better.

thanks again.

San Diego...
4. Re: celebratory cocktails after cityhall wedding

Well there are a lot of rooftop bars in hotels that would be more hip. Depending on whether or not ladies wearing high heels is involved you might want to take a taxi. You can hail them on the street.

http://tinyurl.com/a7z6e7d

New YOrk
5. Re: celebratory cocktails after cityhall wedding

Thanks very much - i'll check them out.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 52
6. Re: celebratory cocktails after cityhall wedding

Cool bar that opens exactly at 3PM weekdays and is open all day on weekends is The Glass Door, atop the Porto Vista Hotel:

http://glassdoorsd.com/#_

Another charming place (the feel of a lobby bar at a cool boutique hotel in NYC and/or speakeasy) with great cocktails, but no view, is Craft & Commerce:

http://www.craft-commerce.com/

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
reviews: 3
7. Re: celebratory cocktails after cityhall wedding

We attended a wedding at the SD City Hall and it didn't last 15 minutes for the civil ceremony. Chances are you would be able to have lunch at that time of day.

San Diego, CA
reviews: 5
8. Re: celebratory cocktails after cityhall wedding

Double check you have the right location info. In San Diego, civil ceremonies are performed at the County Administration Center on the waterfront, not at City Hall.

For cocktails, across the street is the Elephant and Castle pub. A very short drive with great views is C-Level at Island Prime.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
reviews: 3
9. Re: celebratory cocktails after cityhall wedding

We were at the County Administration Center at the waterfront, out side by some foliage for the wedding ceremony we attended. I thought the building said City Hall on it, but I guess I was mistaken. Or maybe it was the old City Hall and the offices have moved.

New YOrk
10. Re: celebratory cocktails after cityhall wedding

Thank you - i'll check out everyone's suggestions.

yes I believe it's at the County Administration Center at the waterfront.