We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best restaurant in San Diego?

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 80
Best restaurant in San Diego?

Will be coming to San Diego in a few months, staying near Seaworld. Wanted someone to recommend a great restaurant - high class, lots of meat items, and one that would impress! Price is of no concern. Would like to know the best restaurant San Diego can offer us.

Thanks

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 57
1. Re: Best restaurant in San Diego?

Will you have a car or are you willing to spend a lot on a taxi???

Try this:

http://www.addisondelmar.com/

reviews: 708
2. Re: Best restaurant in San Diego?

1500 Ocean at The Hotel Del Coronado is excellent! :)

San Diego...
3. Re: Best restaurant in San Diego?

Exactly. Will you have a car? If not, how much money are you willing to spend on a taxi? It would also help to know what hotel you're staying at.

London
4. Re: Best restaurant in San Diego?

I will have a car yes. Staying at paradise Point Hotel. Not looking do drive more than half an hour from the hotel though. 1500 Ocean is definately a possibility so thank you for that.

San Diego...
5. Re: Best restaurant in San Diego?

Tower 23 on the beach in Pacific Beach has JRDN and a lot of meat items.

http://www.t23hotel.com/

http://www.t23hotel.com/files/dinner.pdf

Mister A's has the best view in town and the food is good

http://www.bertrandatmisteras.com/

Edited: 1:17 pm, January 24, 2013
London
6. Re: Best restaurant in San Diego?

Wow great recommendations. Bertrand At Mister A's sounds excellent and it comes with a view so thanks v much for that.

San Diego...
7. Re: Best restaurant in San Diego?

Just make sure the weather is clear and there's no fog or overcast. If there is then you won't have the view. Sunset is lovely there on a clear day.

JRDN isn't far from where you're staying so if the weather doesn't cooperate it would be a good alternative.

San Diego...
reviews: 29
8. Re: Best restaurant in San Diego?

The hotel you are staying at is only a 15-20 minute drive from the La Jolla neighborhood of San Diego, where some of the top restaurants are located. I'm a fan of the Marine Room, which started in 1916 as a hotel/restaurant but has been a restaurant only since 1948. It was built literally on the beach and at high tide waves splash against the windows. A sunset dinner would be gorgeous. The chef is an international traveler and the menu reflects that. It's expensive but you have indicated that's not a concern.

Their "Taste of the Season" 3-course meal is a bargain at $50 or $70 with wine pairings. The service is so good you don't even notice it. Also near the Marine Room is The Shores restaurant, with the same type of view and a similar menu, from what I understand as I have not been to that one yet.

There are many other choices for dining in La Jolla, including the upscale Nine Ten, George's At the Cove, A.R. Valentien in the Lodge at Torrey Pines, and more listed at urbanspoon.com/n/…La-Jolla-restaurants

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 337
9. Re: Best restaurant in San Diego?

Addison is probably the best restaurant in San Diego.

Nine Ten, George's Modern, A.R. Valentien, Pamplemousse Grill, Market Restaurant, Kitchen 1540, Mille Fleurs, Kaito Sushi for the omakase and Cavaillon can all throw their names in the hat, but I still think Addison is the best.

I think Bertrand at Mr. A's and the Marine Room's best days are behind them, great views and overall experiences, but not from a food perspective anymore.

London
10. Re: Best restaurant in San Diego?

Great recommendations again. The Marine room sounds lovely and could be the perfect meal for our last night. Will also consider Nine Ten aswell.

Much appreciated