We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
dayton, ohio
Where to stay?

I'm from Dayton, Ohio, and we want to go to San Diego next summer, August 3-10, 2013. Our budget for lodging is $2000-2400ish. Condos seem to be too expensive and complicated with contracts and down payments. We plan to rend a car. So, I'm looking at hotels at this point. There are 6 of us--husband, wife, 20-year-old twin boys, 1 girlfriend, and my 13-year-old daughter. We plan to do the zoo and aquarium, and probably a day a Disneyland. We want beach the rest of the time--preferably within walking distance. So, I don't know which beach to be near.....La Jolla, we want to see the seals, Mission Beach? Carlsbad? I'm a bit overwhelmed about where to stay.....we want a nice suite room, prefer to have a kitchen so cut down a bit on meal expenses. Hotel doesn't need to be luxurious, but I'd like it to be nice.... I don't want it to smell or be unclean. Can anyone offer some suggestions? I don't know which areas to look at for the nice hotel near a fun beach:) Thank you!

Edited: 11:05 pm, January 04, 2013
San Diego...
1. Re: Where to stay?

Have you looked at Capri by the Sea in Pacific Beach? There's another one that a frequent visitor mentions and I can't think of the name of it at the moment.

San Diego...
2. Re: Where to stay?

Found it -- The Pacific Terrace

dayton, ohio
3. Re: Where to stay?

I will check both of these out. Thanks so much! I appreciate your help:)

San Diego...
reviews: 109
4. Re: Where to stay?

In the same area in Pacific Beach you could also check out the Crystal Pier Hotel. They have 2-bdrm cottages on the pier over the water. I've never stayed there but have walked past them on pier many times. Looks interesting though I don't know if they'll fit your budget.

San Diego...
5. Re: Where to stay?

Unfortunately, the Crystal Pier Hotel is usally booked out a year in advance.

6. Re: Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:22 am, January 07, 2014