We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Diego to Phoenix one way car hire ?

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham
reviews: 37
San Diego to Phoenix one way car hire ?

I'm looking at spending 4/5 days in San Diego in early June then travelling onto Phoenix..I'm mindful that 1 way car hire can expensive, can anyone recommend greyhound bus or train to Phoenix or a good car hire company in San Diego?

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
reviews: 7
1. Re: San Diego to Phoenix one way car hire ?

Why not fly? Southwest Airlines flies that route many times a day.

www.southwest.com

Edited: 4:24 pm, January 04, 2013
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 114
2. Re: San Diego to Phoenix one way car hire ?

Why not fly ? I agree. Check out www.carhire3000.com for car deals. You may not have to pay a one way drop off fee and insurance will be included but as dez says, a flight will be faster

Presuming you are from the UK and not from the US. We have a few B'hams in the US as well

By the way Why Phoenix? Unless it is for school or to visit family, there are nicer places in AZ to visit over Phoenix

Edited: 4:37 pm, January 04, 2013
Birmingham
reviews: 37
3. Re: San Diego to Phoenix one way car hire ?

Thanks, it's the Birmingham England..we travelled to Phoenix last year as my partner has relatives living in Messa.... also cover all the northern Arizona sites like .Sedona , Prescott , Williams, Grand Canyon and Lake HS city, we need to fly back to the Uk from Phoenix so will spend the last couple of day of our leave there... we wondered what the drive would be like from the west into Arizoza?

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 42
4. Re: San Diego to Phoenix one way car hire ?

The drive won''t be that bad. Over the mountains just east of San Diego to below sea level in the El Centro area. To Yuma via Imperial Sanddunes. Take az85 north from Gila Bend to I10 and east to Phx. App a 6 hours drive without stops.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 57
5. Re: San Diego to Phoenix one way car hire ?

I agree to try the car company listed above or any other UK based car rental company as they allow foreign visitors to have no drop off fees and include insurance.

6. Re: San Diego to Phoenix one way car hire ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 07, 2014