We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

It's not easy to move

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuwait City, Kuwait
It's not easy to move

we are family of parents & 3 kids, and our plan to visit los angeles for first time, anaheim, San Diego, and Hollywood, I prefer to stay in only one hotel destination during all the trip which it'll be 10 day, we'll rent a car from los angeles air port pls advice which destination we'll stay and which hotel

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 13
1. Re: It's not easy to move

Staying in one spot may not be the wisest decision. If you do, travel time can eat up a HUGE portion of your precious 10 days.

If you do insist on one area, I would recommend somewhere in the Orange County (Anaheim) area. It's a little more central to ALL the locations you wish to visit.

Dr. Z

San Diego...
2. Re: It's not easy to move

While I agree it is a pain to change hotels, you are staying long enough that It seem like it would make sense. Id break it up and stay in San Diego and Orange County.

If not the only location that makes any sense if you are dead set on moving is Orange County. If you do that how many days will you drive to San Diego? That seems like more hassle than changing hotels.

San Diego...
3. Re: It's not easy to move

I really agree! I wouldn't attempt doing that out of one location. Way too much time on the freeway and/or stuck in traffic. I don't know how old your kids are but if they're young it wouldn't be pleasant to be 2 1/2 hrs from your hotel if one of them gets tired and cranky.

I agree that for 10 days to split between a hotel in Orange County and visit LA & Hollywood from there. Then come to San Diego and do what you want to do here and be within 15 or 20 min from your hotel.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 60
4. Re: It's not easy to move

I understand your not wanting to move around with 3 kids but you may not realize the driving distances involved??

It is about 1 hr. from the LAX airport to Disneyland in the city of Anaheim.

It will be another 1 1/2-2hrs.(depending on traffic) from that location to sights in San Diego. I agree that IF you insist on only one hotel then you need to stay in Orange County where Anaheim is located.

It is between Los Angeles County and San Diego County which are the administrative areas that contain the cities of LA and San Diego and some other smaller cities/towns.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
5. Re: It's not easy to move

thank you so much, I'll really appreciate all your advice, my kids 9,8 & 4 It's terrible to move from hotel to another specially our first stop will be In New York, may be, much shopping and bags, I think Orange country will be ok, but still looking between anaheim or costa mesa, the second is more cheaper hotels as Hilton orange country costa mesa, ??!!!

San Diego...
6. Re: It's not easy to move

Moshira - why don't you tell us the things you want to do in San Diego?

Kuwait City, Kuwait
7. Re: It's not easy to move

Thank you I think you are right my kids are 9,8 and 4

Kuwait City, Kuwait
8. Re: It's not easy to move

Thank you

Kuwait City, Kuwait
9. Re: It's not easy to move

nothing more z zoo and z sea world, we have enough of adorable sand and nice beaches in my home country, do you have any other recommendation !!!!

Kuwait City, Kuwait
10. Re: It's not easy to move

orange country will be fine thxxx