We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

public transport in san Diego

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
reviews: 9
public transport in san Diego

Having managed wonderfully around LA last year we are hoping to use only public transport to get around San Diego during our week there. We're staying at the Best western Bayview and want to go to the zoo/Bilboa Park, old town, Midway and genarally wander, hopefully enjoying some sunshine.

Advice sought re public transport plese.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 57
1. Re: public transport in san Diego

You are in a good location to walk and/or use our light rail(trolley) system and/or busses. Check out www.sdcommute.com for fares and interactive trip planning. You will be able to walk to the Midway,walk a few blocks to the trolley station and go a couple of stops to Old Town. The zoo can be reached by the trolley to city college and then walking or taking abus the rest of the way. Or 2 busses. The web site will explain it all. You will also be able to take the ferry from the waterfront across the bay to Coronado if you like. We who live here think our public transportation system is not very good but other visitors have managed to use it even to get way up to the Wild Animal Park in Escondidi. Amazing to us but when people are vacationing they can do amazing things if they choose.

Texas
reviews: 5
2. Re: public transport in san Diego

Having been an insider looking out,as well as an outsider looking in,I feel San Diego has an above average transport system(although no bullit train from SD to LA)..Most Californians would be lost w/o a car(as evident with the record number of vanity plates)..SD has an adequate bus system,trolley,and Coaster Train(my fave)..Busses have bike racks which I utilzed a lot...

Scotland
reviews: 9
3. Re: public transport in san Diego

Thank you both for your help