We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lunch at Del Coronado?

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
arkansas
reviews: 1
lunch at Del Coronado?

We haven't been to San Diego in years, but will be there next week for several days. I remember going to the Del Coronado and sitting outside (maybe freezing!), but don't think we ate there.

Do they serve lunch? If so, would it be worth eating?

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 61
1. Re: lunch at Del Coronado?

Yes, they serve lunch.

You have the choice of their terrace facing the ocean with a light lunch/drinks menu or their restaurant (also with tables facing the ocean) with a larger menu.

Have you looked at the web site??

http://www.hoteldel.com/dining.aspx

San Diego
2. Re: lunch at Del Coronado?

You’re probably thinking of Sheerwater at the Del Coronado – it’s outside, overlooking the ocean. It’s open all day - serves seafood, salads, sandwiches, desserts and cocktails at lunch time. It’s pricey, but the view and ambiance, in my opinion, make it worth it.... especially on a clear day or at sunset. Enjoy!

arkansas
3. Re: lunch at Del Coronado?

I did check the website, and I think Sheerwater was the restaurant that looked most inviting for lunch.

We're leaving early tomorrow morning for Charleston, SC - where it's miserably hot - and will continue to San Diego Wednesday - where hopefully, it'll be nice and cool. Will we freeze at the Del Coronodo?

San Diego
4. Re: lunch at Del Coronado?

You won’t freeze. Bring a sweater. Temps should be mid-70’s by Wed. Plan to take a peek inside the hotel also. Lots of historical interest.

San Diego
5. Re: lunch at Del Coronado?

They've recently upgraded the furniture on the giant sundeck. Still plenty of tables and they've added some loungy outdoor couches with firepit tables. Great spot to have a drink, a burger from the Sundeck Grill, or just take in the beautiful ocean view. Weekends thru Sept (or Oct?) Ron's Garage Band plays live music on the Deck 2-6PM.

6. Re: lunch at Del Coronado?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 29, 2011