We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Shuttles to Kearney Mesa

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
reviews: 61
Airport Shuttles to Kearney Mesa

Hi all

I have to do be in San Diego early in the morning (a Wednesday) for an event. Ordinarily, I would drive from LA, but turns out I have to be in Sacramento (Oroville, atcually) that evening, so I am thinking of flying to San Diego (boy my boss will love that---costs more than flying to Chicago!) and taking the shuttle out to San Diego Mesa Cllege and back again to the airport for my flight that afternoon. What kind of distances are we talking---as I have not flown into SD before so don't knwo where the airport is in relation to everything? Prices? (I wonder if renting a car is cheaper?) and of course, traffic..... =:-0 and what SD Airport is like for check in, security, lines, etc. (LAX can be a living he**!)

Thanks much for your help!

San Diego, CA
reviews: 19
1. Re: Airport Shuttles to Kearney Mesa

There are shuttles available, but for the cost, you would probably be better off getting a cab - it's only about 8 miles, so wouldn't be that expensive, and easier than renting a car or getting a shuttle. Cabs are available outside the airport. The airport is right near downtown; and Mesa is north of town (again about 8 miles or so). Traffic - well, it's a pain here at times, but it shouldn't take you more than 15 minutes to a half hour unless there's an accident of something. Security is about the same as LAX - actually it's worse than JFK - just flew to NY last week and the SAN security was a real hassle, JFK was a breeze, so be prepared for the usual.

Los Angeles...
reviews: 61
2. Re: Airport Shuttles to Kearney Mesa

Thanks, that sounds like a good plan---taxi both ways.

Love the kitty, btw! I have three!

San Diego Calif
reviews: 13
3. Re: Airport Shuttles to Kearney Mesa

$20.00 each way