We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Birthday Ideas ???

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Killarney, Ireland
Level Contributor
201 posts
1 review
Birthday Ideas ???

Hi All, myself and family are arriving Monday it's my daughters 13th birthday on Wednesday and and I would like to do something special for her any ideas greatly appreciated ? Thanks

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,494 posts
62 reviews
1. Re: Birthday Ideas ???

How about a whale watch, then in the evening get dressed up a bit and have dinner at the Top of the Hub?

Killarney, Ireland
Level Contributor
201 posts
1 review
2. Re: Birthday Ideas ???

That sounds great Im going to check that out now thanks :)

Boston...
Level Contributor
356 posts
3. Re: Birthday Ideas ???

I know teens like Fire & Ice, something about picking out their own food, I guess. If she signs up for the e-mail club, she will get a coupon for free birthday dinner (and it doesn't have to be on that exact date).

Or maybe a Harbor Cruise?

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,494 posts
62 reviews
4. Re: Birthday Ideas ???

Kate ... I agree about fire & ice. But "13" ... I thought that Top of the Hub (if it is in-budget) would a more "grown up" experience with some simple items on the menu to satisfy less "grown up" food preferences. ;)

Boston...
Level Contributor
3,727 posts
154 reviews
5. Re: Birthday Ideas ???

Maybe a show like Blue Man Group?

Killarney, Ireland
Level Contributor
201 posts
1 review
6. Re: Birthday Ideas ???

Thanks for all the ideas. Top of the hub looks great but think it's a little to formal for us, we will definatly pop up for a drink and to see the view ! Fire and Ice looks great but again don't think the food will suit us and I have allergies unfortunately. Any recommendations for fun american restaurants ?

Killarney, Ireland
Level Contributor
201 posts
1 review
7. Re: Birthday Ideas ???

Thanks Beagle for the recommendation I heard Blue man is great ! But we are travelling to New York also and have tickets to see Matilda we are all looking toward to it :)

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,020 posts
8. Re: Birthday Ideas ???

What foods do you need to avoid?

Killarney, Ireland
Level Contributor
201 posts
1 review
9. Re: Birthday Ideas ???

Basically any sauces that are spicy or that have onion in it. Italain and Amercian are fine for me though !

Boston...
Level Contributor
3,727 posts
154 reviews
10. Re: Birthday Ideas ???

Mama Maria in the north end. http://www.mammamaria.com/dinner-menu