We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One night left! Tell me what to do

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Peoria, IL
Level Contributor
257 posts
41 reviews
One night left! Tell me what to do

I will have about 5 hrs tomorrow to spend in Boston before I depart. What should I do? Shopping on Newbury St? Freedom Trail? Quincy Market? Something awesome I haven't thought of??

Have been stuck in Seaport area.. Suggestions welcome on transport. I am ok with walking, but would also like to maximize my time. Thanks!!!

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,444 posts
62 reviews
1. Re: One night left! Tell me what to do

What do you like to do? I would go for the Freedom trail cuz it will have you walking through some interesting places.

Take the silver line to South Station, red line to Park St and start walking the freedom trail.

Winchester...
Level Contributor
5,739 posts
72 reviews
2. Re: One night left! Tell me what to do

Take the red line from park street to Harvard Square.

Edited: 6:42 am, July 23, 2014
Boston...
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: One night left! Tell me what to do

Sorry you've been stuck in the Seaport. That area could be in any city anywhere, it doesn't give you the flavor of the great historic city that is Boston.

Get yourself of the convention zone and enjoy walking around the real Boston. The Freedom Trail will take you by a number of historic sites and will also give you a feeling for the architecture, winding streets and the feel of the historic city. Start at the Boston Common and sit on a bench and enjoy the park too.

Consider a walk across the Boston Common and around the Public Garden, then down Charles Street at the Bottom of Beacon Hill. Our parks and green space are also an important aspect of Boston.

Penny

http://www.bostonzest.com/

Boston...
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
154 reviews
4. Re: One night left! Tell me what to do

Another vote for the freedom trail if you haven't done it.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
14,564 posts
15 reviews
5. Re: One night left! Tell me what to do

+1 Freedom Trail. It's not just about historical sites. It weaves through interesting neighborhoods that give you a real sense of Boston.

Winchester...
Level Contributor
5,739 posts
72 reviews
6. Re: One night left! Tell me what to do

If you've really not seen anything but the Seaport area then yes go to the North End and Quincy Market. I've never actually "done" the Freedom Trail but if you're the sort of person who gets lost easily you could follow it from the Parker House to the North End, I guess.

Peoria, IL
Level Contributor
257 posts
41 reviews
7. Re: One night left! Tell me what to do

Thanks everyone!!! Can I do it myself or would you recommend an actual tour?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
10,976 posts
331 reviews
8. Re: One night left! Tell me what to do

How long were you there and what have you done in particular? If you have done shopping already no need to do it again. If you have gone to a few places on the Freedom Trail then you may want to do something else. So it really depends on what you have done already.

9. Re: One night left! Tell me what to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, July 25, 2015