We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend of 8/2-8/4

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
64 posts
Weekend of 8/2-8/4

Hi Locals,

Just wondering if there is a major convention going on the weekend of Saturday, 8/2 - Monday, 8/4? I've been searching for hotels in the Back Bay/Beacon Hill/Fenway-Kenmore areas and it seems like all mid-priced ($200-250) hotels and B&Bs are booked. I'm trying to decide if I can keep waiting for hotels to release more dates or if I should bite the bullet and stretch the budget.

Thanks.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
14,498 posts
1 review
1. Re: Weekend of 8/2-8/4

Summer and fall are very busy times in Boston.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
5,307 posts
124 reviews
2. Re: Weekend of 8/2-8/4

Try Hotwire - I am seeing a 4 star Copley Square/Back Bay hotel for your dates for $256

Iowa
Level Contributor
189 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Weekend of 8/2-8/4

Priceline express has a 4 1/2 star hotel in the Downtown/Harbor front area for $260. The only 4 1/2 star in that zone is the Langham. That's $57 less than the advertised price for your dates.

Level Contributor
64 posts
4. Re: Weekend of 8/2-8/4

Thanks kendrick and seck1429 for your research! I had a feeling that the hotels might be holding onto rooms and strategically releasing them. I tend not to use Hotwire or Priceline because I prefer knowing the hotel names so that I can research them before booking to avoid any unpleasant experience. BUT I will keep them in mind if desperation wins out.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
14,572 posts
15 reviews
5. Re: Weekend of 8/2-8/4

There is a conference of the American Statistical Association with an estimated attendance of 4,000 people.

LastMinuteTravel.com has a 4 star Back Bay for $216. This is "available" (vs "on request" - which would be a long shot). This is the Sheraton Boston. Look at the details (such as 1,216 guestrooms) and compare photos. You'll see it's the Sheraton. Actually, it's ambiguous whether it's a 3 or 4 star, but it's still a good option.

LMT is mentioned often on the forum. A lot of Boston hotels work with them. They are reliable.

Level Contributor
64 posts
6. Re: Weekend of 8/2-8/4

Christnp2, thank you for the Last Minute Travel suggestion! I may have found an acceptable option that could always be our option of last resort.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,446 posts
62 reviews
7. Re: Weekend of 8/2-8/4

Do not wait too long. I have looked at LMT for late July dates and found very little "available" for under $300

Good luck. The city is busier with tourists than I have seen in a long time. It really shows on Sundays. This past Sunday I easily found on street parking in two areas, but the crowds crossing the street near Park Street subway rivaled what you would see during a weeknight rush hour!

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Weekend of 8/2-8/4

I agree the city is filled with visitors. On the way to and from the Copley Farmers' market today I was noticing many more people than usual consulting maps and taking photos around the square. I also keep seeing large groups of young people from other countries on tours around town. Never noticed so many of these before. They all have matching backpacks and move in unison.

Penny

http://www.bostonzest.com/

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
9. Re: Weekend of 8/2-8/4

The Yankess are playing at Fenway all weekend, too..

10. Re: Weekend of 8/2-8/4

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 28, 2015