We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anniversary dinner with a 7 month old?

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds
6 posts
Anniversary dinner with a 7 month old?

Hi,

I am looking for some Boston restaurant recommendations for a special dinner to celebrate our 5th year wedding anniversary in September.

We will be travelling with a 7 month old, so nothing too formal or pretentious but somewhere befitting of an anniversary dinner where a highchair or a stroller would be no problem. We will probably have an early dinner around 6pm due to our daughters age, therefore somewhere with a good atmosphere at this time would be a plus.

Budget flexible, ideally no more than $200. We are staying at the Hyatt Regency near Boston Common so somewhere walking distance would be a bonus. If not a taxi ride is not a problem.

In terms of restaurant, I would welcome any suggestions apart from Steakhouses as we don't eat beef.

Thanks in advance.

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
5,261 posts
30 reviews
1. Re: Anniversary dinner with a 7 month old?

It's difficult, because a nice anniversary-style place isn't really a great choice for a baby either.

Not far from your hotel, there's a lovely restaurant called The Marliave. I eat there all the time and it's quite good, certainly more than nice enough for a celebratory dinner. I think they would be able to handle the baby without too much trouble. Also, at that time of night, I don't think they'd be too crowded so you could get served quickly. Plus, they accept reservations, which is a good thing.

http://www.marliave.com/home/

Boston...
Level Contributor
3,926 posts
168 reviews
2. Re: Anniversary dinner with a 7 month old?

One of the Legal Seafoods would work I think.

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
2,027 posts
133 reviews
3. Re: Anniversary dinner with a 7 month old?

Legal Seafoods.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Killington
Level Contributor
1,942 posts
19 reviews
4. Re: Anniversary dinner with a 7 month old?

Legal Seafoods would handle the kids well, and serves excellent quality fish. To make it more of an "occasion" go to the one at Liberty Wharf, in the Seaport district. It is right on the water. But the one at Park Plaza, near your hotel, is very good too.

Seven months... trying to remember... they barely move then. Just have lots of snacks and things for them to play with, which you can tie to the chair so they don't fling it across the room. :o) They're probably OK with noise. Prezza would actually work. A lot of pasta and seafood items on that menu. It is in the North End. Actually, most of the "red sauce" places in the North End would be fine as well, though perhaps not "special" enough for your occasion. Check out Gennaro's 5 North Square, for a slightly elevated red sauce place.

Leeds
6 posts
5. Re: Anniversary dinner with a 7 month old?

Thanks for all the suggestions. Legal looks a good idea.

6. Re: Anniversary dinner with a 7 month old?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 25, 2015