We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boston Aug 09-14 Events

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
reviews: 60
Boston Aug 09-14 Events

We are going to be in Boston from Aug 9th to the 14th. Are there any special events going on in the area that are a must see or do? I will be traveling with family with children ages 1, 3 and 6.

15 replies to this topic
Derry, United...
1. Re: Boston Aug 09-14 Events

SoWa Open Market is on in South boston on the 10th and a free Sunday night movies in Christopher Columbus Park. August Moon Festival is on in China town on the 11th.

Derry, United...
2. Re: Boston Aug 09-14 Events

Think there is also a free sat night film on in the prudential..not sure of the details

New Jersey
3. Re: Boston Aug 09-14 Events

Thanks! I will look into these.

Boston...
reviews: 2
4. Re: Boston Aug 09-14 Events

My favorite source for what's going on in town for any given day is The Boston Calendar.

http://www.thebostoncalendar.com/

Click on your date and you can find lots of great ideas. And, it is updated from day to day. You can also sign up for an email if you like.

Penny

http://www.bostonzest.com/

New Jersey
5. Re: Boston Aug 09-14 Events

We love open markets and food trucks so SoWa looks like something we're definitely going to check out. The Autumn Moon Festival is actually on the same day Aug. 10.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 25
6. Re: Boston Aug 09-14 Events

Penny - great resource! Thanks for posting.

Saturday, August 9 - movie Prudential - Cloudy with Chance of Meatballs 2 prudentialcenter.com/events/documents/FilmFe…

Sunday, August 10 - North End feast - Procession at 1 p.m. http://www.madonnadellacava.com/

12th night on the Common (for you not the kids)

August Moon in Chinatown

Wednesday, August 13 - Landmarks concert at the Hatch Shell (Esplanade)

Make sure you take the kids to the Children's Museum, Frog Pond, Swan Boats, Fountains on the Greenway.

New Jersey
7. Re: Boston Aug 09-14 Events

Thanks for the suggestions. So far we plan on doing the Duck Tour, Children's Museum, Fenway Park tour, Whale watch and possibly the Museum of Science. and Boston Common. All in one day. I'm kidding!

Manhattan
reviews: 1
8. Re: Boston Aug 09-14 Events

You know your kids, so you get to decide, but I think they might like "Twelfth Night." I saw it on the Common years ago and this big kid was delighted--I still remember how good it was. It has lots of slapstick, action, broad humor. It might be a good intro to Shakespeare for them.

Steve

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 25
9. Re: Boston Aug 09-14 Events

Not so sure about the whale watch for a one, three and six year old.

New Jersey
10. Re: Boston Aug 09-14 Events

What is it about the whale watch for the little ones that you don't recommend it? Safety? Length of time? Possible disappointment of not seeing whales?

Reply to: Boston Aug 09-14 Events
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted