We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get from Logan Airport to West Newton

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
reviews: 1
Best way to get from Logan Airport to West Newton

We will be renting a car, and need to get to West Newton from the aiport.

I found the following directions on the Massport website. Is this pretty straightforward? Will there be "detour" signs posted, so that I can easily find my way to I-90W? (note, that I said "easily"...I really do not want to get lost)

"To I-90 W: Exit Ted Williams Tunnel at Exit 25 to South Boston Surface Streets. Take a left on Congress Street, left on West Service Road and right onto the South Boston Bypass Road. Take a right onto northbound Frontage Road to the I-90 West on-ramp"

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
1. Re: Best way to get from Logan Airport to West Newton

The access tunnel that connects the Ted Williams Tunnel to I-90 is the one that had the difficulty with the ceiling tiles. My understanding is that this detour around this connecting tunnel is very well marked, although I haven't personally used the "Ted" since it happened.

Going back is a little different, but you didn't ask that. Perhaps you'll be continuing on to Texas..........

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 26
2. Re: Best way to get from Logan Airport to West Newton

Hi,

Those directions are pretty much accurate as of today. However, the situation keeps changing daily. Depending on when your trip is (you don't say when), Gov. "I'm in Charge Here" Romney said that the access routes to the Ted Williams might be open again by Labor Day.

I'd hesitate to tell you that the detour is well marked, because that would be against the local policy of removing half of the signs for any detour, just for the fun of watching people drive in circles. But, I've heard on the news that they are taking this one seriously, so hopefully it will be clearly marked.

At worst, you'll end up on I 93 North or South, instead of I 90W. If that happens, if you are going South, get off at the first exit you can, and turn around. If you are going North, get off at the first exit AFTER DOWNTOWN BOSTON, and AFTER THE ZAKIM bridge (turning around downtown is a nightmare and you don't want to do it.)

Good Luck.

Texas
3. Re: Best way to get from Logan Airport to West Newton

Thanks for your responses. We are arriving in Boston in 2 weeks, but it looks like the tunnel may be opening before our arrival.

4. Re: Best way to get from Logan Airport to West Newton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, August 14, 2009