We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Ornaments?

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
L.A. 'burbs, CA
reviews: 8
Christmas Ornaments?

Hi all -

I will be in your lovely city in June. Every year we try to pick up a Christmas ornament or two from our various travels. It makes decorating the tree every year a great trip down memory lane. Anyway, since I will be visiting in summer when most stores won't be stocking Christmas decorations yet I was hoping you could recommend a few stores that would. The blown glass type (like Radko ornaments) are my preference - picky I know. ;-)

Thanks so much, in advance.

7 replies to this topic
Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 30
1. Re: Christmas Ornaments?

There is a large Christmas Ornament store in Faneuil Hall Marketplace, which you should definitely check out. It's called "Christmas in Boston".

christmasandcity.com/index.php/…

Edited: 5:15 pm, March 24, 2014
L.A. 'burbs, CA
reviews: 8
2. Re: Christmas Ornaments?

Awesome. Thank you!

Hollis, New...
reviews: 3
3. Re: Christmas Ornaments?

I would suggest looking at the Museum of Fine Arts gift shop if you're planning to visit the museum. If not, there is (or at least used to be) a Museum Store in the South Market Building at Faneuil Hall Marketplace. And if you go to mfa.org, you can probably find a catalog.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 1
4. Re: Christmas Ornaments?

The Museum Store in Quincy Market (part of Faneuil Hall Marketplace) has been gone for a couple of years.

Edited: 5:46 pm, March 24, 2014
London, United...
reviews: 2
5. Re: Christmas Ornaments?

This brings back memories! I don't know if it's the same store, but when my husband and I were in Boston 19 years ago, we bought a pewter train in Faneuil Hall with our last few cash dollars before we flew home. It is an engine followed by carriages with each holding a letter spelling out Merry Christmas. They unlink easily so the trick is to rearrange the letters to make silly messages! It cost us about $40 which was a lot back then but it's our most treasured Christmas ornaments. We hope to find something as special this time.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
reviews: 136
6. Re: Christmas Ornaments?

I bought an ornament at that Faneuil Hall Christmas shop when I was in high school on a "big trip" into the city and it still hangs on my tree every year!

Boston and...
reviews: 31
7. Re: Christmas Ornaments?

The store at the Institute of Contemporary Art, complemented by a visit through the museum, a long walk along the waterfront, and possibly one of the many available harbor cruises.

Reply to: Christmas Ornaments?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted