We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venue for reunion

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Victoria
reviews: 60
Venue for reunion

We're planning a reunion of graduate school friends in Boston the first weekend in May. There'll be about 16-18 of us (mostly couples). Ideally, there's a place we can all stay at that can cater a reception and dinner (downtown area) or, a place that can cater a reception and dinner that's walking distance from downtown (Back Bay area) where we can get hotel rooms. We're in our late 50s or early 60s, but enjoy a good party. Any suggestions would be welcomed and appreciated.

6 replies to this topic
Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 1
1. Re: Venue for reunion

You repeated the term "a place to cater" two times. Does that mean you don't want a hotel or restaurant ? I would have suggested almost any of the major hotels in the city, particularly the one where you might be staying.

Edited: 1:33 pm, November 11, 2013
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 53
2. Re: Venue for reunion

I am with Alan in this. But another suggestion is to stay at the Fairmont Battery Wharf or the Intercontinental and see if you can plan an evening meal in a private room at Mama Maria's in the North End.

Make sure you do this early May or you could run up against college graduation dinners cutting into availability for what you want.

Happy planning!!

Victoria
3. Re: Venue for reunion

Hi -- thanks for the replies and suggestions. Sorry about "cater" -- we don't necessarily mean a catered affair. A private room in a nearby restaurant sounds like a good idea as this would be preferred over doing it in a big hotel. Is Mama Maria's within walking distance from downtown or Back Bay hotels? Thanks.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 53
4. Re: Venue for reunion

Mama Maria's is in the Italian neighborhood known as the North End. It is within walking distance of the two hotels mentioned and a few others. It would be a longish walk from the Back Bay or theater district area hotels. However it is an easy subway or taxi ride from there.

Boston...
reviews: 2
5. Re: Venue for reunion

I have my annual commencement date post ready to go up tomorrow so I have the dates already. If you mean the May 3-4, you just have NorthEastern's graduation on the second for hotel room competition. So staying in the North End, Quincy Market or downtown would be a great idea. I would think most of the NE guests would opt for the Back Bay and Fenway.

The next weekend (May 10-11) is much busier with seven graduations including Simmons and Emerson.

The blockbuster dates are May 17 to 25 with the majority of events.

MIT is the last one on June 6th.

Penny

http://www.bostonzest.com/

Victoria
6. Re: Venue for reunion

Thanks for the heads up re: graduations. Thanks for all the advice and suggestions -- they'll help with our planning.

Reply to: Venue for reunion
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted