We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel to choose in Boston?

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Which hotel to choose in Boston?

Hello,

First time poster but have been reading these forums for a few months preparing for our trip.

Please help me choose a hotel.

I had initially been considering hotels in the Back Bay area like The Westin Copley Place, Copley Square Hotel and Hilton Boston Back Bay.

However I have just come across the Revere Hotel Boston Common in the theatre district which has sparked my interest.

I know you can’t decide for me but I would just like your thoughts on these hotels and which ones you would recommend? Happy to have suggestions of hotels not on the list that you think are worth looking at.

For a bit of background:

Couple in our late 20's

We will be in Boston for six nights from 27/12/2013 to 02/01/2014

Budget is $300 max per night

Want an area that has restaurants/bars within walking distance for night

Thanks

9 replies to this topic
Boston...
reviews: 2
1. Re: Which hotel to choose in Boston?

The revere is less than a half mile from the others. A new hotel which recently took over another, it's in a hip area with clubs. It's a minute or so walk to the Boston Common.

All the hotel you mentioned are nice. I'd go with the best price.

Boston...
reviews: 86
2. Re: Which hotel to choose in Boston?

Ditto crossfit. They're all great hotels so just go with the best price.

Quincy
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 22
3. Re: Which hotel to choose in Boston?

Ditto #3. They are all good options, just pick the one with the best price.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
reviews: 112
4. Re: Which hotel to choose in Boston?

All the hotels are in a nice area, but the Revere looks bit more modern to me than the others and the Emerald Lounge looks really cool! Since you are here for New Year's, they might have a NYE party on that would be fun and convenient as you could just roll up to your room afterward and not worry about getting a taxi or a long, cold walk back. Happy Planning!

Boston...
reviews: 15
5. Re: Which hotel to choose in Boston?

Revere Hotel does look nice, not familiar with it. Where u r in your 20's this might fit the bill for you. Some of the other hotels are very traditional and older. Lounge does look like a fun place too! I checked rates for your stay and thought they were very good for Boston. Anything under $200 is fantastic! I would not wait to book something. Boston is having a "First Night" New Year's Eve celebration so lodging might be difficult if you wait. They will be having a lot of different things this year at First Night and I think u would enjoy seeing that. Tickets to the event are very reasonably priced at $10 this year. Here is info on tix purchase:

The buttons will be available at CVS pharmacies, some Bank of America locations, and online at mayorsholiday.com

Here's a link to the event:

bostonmagazine.com/news/…

U would have the advantage of being right in Boston and not worry about transportation, etc. Think u would have a blast!

Good luck and get going and book that hotel!

Boston
reviews: 27
6. Re: Which hotel to choose in Boston?

The locations are all good. The Revere used to be the Radisson. It was made over maybe a year, two years ago. They are going for a "hip vibe", so that may be appealing. An advantage of the Westin is that is part of the Copley Place shopping mall which connects to the Prudential Center shopping center, so if the weather is bad or it is very cold you can eat and shop without going outside.

Brisbane, Australia
7. Re: Which hotel to choose in Boston?

Wow thanks for all your speedy and helpful replies.

I think we will end up going with the Revere Hotel. Seems a little more modern than the others which we like.

Just one more question.

I am looking at the Junior Suite King W/ Fridge room. On the hotel website it lists "Spacious walk-in shower". Does anyone know if it also has a bath? Not a deal breaker but would love a room with a bath also.

We are setting off for our US trip in two weeks so yes we will be booking shortly. So excited!!

Cheers

Boston...
reviews: 15
8. Re: Which hotel to choose in Boston?

I just googled and can't find any info on bath other than walk-in shower. Call the hotel and ask them. Also I would request a room w/ a view on the top floor, u may see some of fireworks on First Night! Also be aware that parking at the hotel will be sticker shock to you,

"Parking is expensive at $40/day but you can park underground at Boston Common for less if you don't mind walking 2 blocks." Parking in Boston is very expensive but as suggested park at the Boston Common garage and it will be lots cheaper. Says 2 block walk to hotel.

Check out the:

http://www.mayorsholiday.com/home4

There are some great deals on the website for First Night, dining, etc. Some of the events offer 1/2 off tix prices and this is a great deal for Boston! There is a $10 restaurant voucher that you can print out too. Our Boston Mayor Menino is retiring after serving 5 terms as Mayor of Boston so he's offering some deals.

Check out this website for reviews of Revere:

yelp.com/biz/revere-hotel-boston-common-bost…

We hope you have a wonderful visit to Boston! Enjoy your stay.

new Jersey
reviews: 9
9. Re: Which hotel to choose in Boston?

Zippy,

Just got back from a first time visit to Boston and we stayed at the Revere. Short visit but this hotel was great. Big rooms with balcony, fridge, free wireless at a decent cost, $242. Close to everything, never touched the car, so I'd look to use one of the public lots which should be a lot cheaper. We got a room on the 19th floor and the view was amazing.

Reply to: Which hotel to choose in Boston?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted