We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I need to go to a bar!

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
reviews: 16
I need to go to a bar!

I am guessing that got somone's attention.

Next weekend we will be in town with some friends. We are having dinner in the North End but are looking for a bar to go to after dinner. We are staying at the Boxer.

We are looking for a bar not a club. A place that we can hear each other talk. We would prefer a place without live music but are OK with music on the tamer side.

Sound boring? I promise that we are not boring, we just want a place that we can have a place to sit (not a deal breaker, but a nice to have), have a few drinks, and be able to hear our conversation.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated!!

10 replies to this topic
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 53
1. Re: I need to go to a bar!

The Living Room in the North End.

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 26
2. Re: I need to go to a bar!

Try "Alibi", the bar at the Liberty Hotel, or the Lobby Bar:

libertyhotel.com/food_and_drink/alibi_room.h…

libertyhotel.com/food_and_drink/liberty_bar.…

Norwood...
reviews: 106
3. Re: I need to go to a bar!

I echo the mention of the Alibi Bar and also recommend Drink in the seaport district. I've reviewed both establishments. Good Luck and happy drinking!

Boston...
reviews: 11
4. Re: I need to go to a bar!

I would echo the suggestion for the Living Room. For a very casual neighborhood bar in the north end, try the Waterfront Cafe - they've got a very nice beer selection - if you are into that.

Somerville...
5. Re: I need to go to a bar!

There is one of the two remaining legally sanctioned Cigar Bars in the city on Hanover street too.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas, East End
reviews: 14
6. Re: I need to go to a bar!

I have enjoyed the bar at the Liberty Hotel.

Much different motif than Woodys that you may be familiar with.

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
reviews: 16
7. Re: I need to go to a bar!

Bill! I'm a Beach Bar kind if girl!

Framingham...
8. Re: I need to go to a bar!

You'll have a hard time finding a good Bushwacker here :)

Houston, Texas
9. Re: I need to go to a bar!

Hey All, Headed to Boston in early December with grown kids. (22 & 26). Would love to know some great bars that we can hang in. Isn't there an area by the Prudential bldg. that has a row of restaurants and bars? It's been 10 yrs since I was last there. Suggestions on a great hotel that is on the T subway for easy access to getting around would be great too.

Thanks

Cheryl

Boston...
10. Re: I need to go to a bar!

Hi Cheryl,

There are bars everywhere but you are probably thinking of Boylston Street and there are a lot of bar options there. Another popular spot is Faneuil Hall too. There are a lot of hotels and bars in both areas, as well as other areas as well. Feel free to start a new thread with your question and give us a little more what you are looking for with hotel price, vibe, etc.

Reply to: I need to go to a bar!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted