We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is going on September 21

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
North East
What is going on September 21

Heading to Boston for an over night on September 21. Hotel prices are very high.

Any suggestions for hotel options?

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 1
1. Re: What is going on September 21

You've chosen the busiest time of the year, so occupancy is high and prices match. You may want to try one of the bidding sites and keep your fingers crossed,

west bridgewater, ma
reviews: 64
2. Re: What is going on September 21

If you like baseball, the Red Sox are in town. On Sept. 21 I'll be at Fenway Park watching the Boston Red Sox vs Toronto Blue Jays. You could go to the game, then head for McGreevy's and stay in a nearby hotel. Great time.

North East
3. Re: What is going on September 21

We have Sox tickets for September 22 and looking for a hotel Saturday and Sunday. We live about three hours away by car..

west bridgewater, ma
reviews: 64
4. Re: What is going on September 21

If you want to stay inside the city, Alanm's idea to try Priceline or some other bidding site just might find you luck.

I just checked so-called a budget hotel in the city near Fenway and they were up in the $200 range (with AAA) for your dates. North of the city in Newton and Waltham, $150 - $175. South of the city, $125. If you stay outside the city, you might want to park at a T station like I do and take the T to the game otherwise you might as well stay in town.

So it depends what you want to do. If you are just interested in the game, then you have more options to save some money. If you want to see the game and do more in Boston, then you probably want to pay the extra and stay in town. If it were me, I'd pay the extra and stay in town, but thousands of Sox fans come in from the suburbs every day using the T with no problem. I've had visitors who would have it no other way!

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 30
5. Re: What is going on September 21

I think a lot of the Colleges in the area have Parents' weekend that weekend as well. It's a very busy time of year.

Boston...
6. Re: What is going on September 21

Conferences and business meetings get into full swing too, and then fall tourism. And first (or second) day of Fall :)

7. Re: What is going on September 21

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, August 28, 2014