We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Patriots game

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mukwonago, Wisconsin
reviews: 20
Patriots game

Just ordered my Patriots tickets for a game in September. Anything we need to know when heading to the game??

Any info would be helpful.

Thanks!!

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
reviews: 101
1. Re: Patriots game

are you driving to the game? If so, plan to tailgate before & after the game as it takes a long time to get out.

Boston
reviews: 43
2. Re: Patriots game

If taking the train, don't delay after the game, head to the train, it won't wait for you. If driving, enjoy some tailgating for awhile after game because with traffic it won't be worth leaving for an hour or two after the game. Getting to the game, traffic is slow-going so leave enough time to get there so you don't miss kickoff.

Gates open about 2 hours before kickoff, don't wait until too late to head into the stadium because lines at security might be slower this year because they are starting stricter rules this season on what you can bring into the stadium. Make sure you check the Patriots and Gillette Stadium website before you head out there for exactly what's allowed in.

Don't leave the stadium once you're in, there's no re-entry. Sometimes the Hall of Fame is closed on gamedays for private functions in case you're planning to visit it on the day of the game. Lines at the ATM's inside the stadium get extremely long so get any cash you need beforehand or just use a credit card at the concession stands. See link below for their up to date info.

patriots.com/gillette-stadium/gameday/info-a…

Mukwonago, Wisconsin
3. Re: Patriots game

Great advice. We are actually staying over night in foxboro and walking to the game because the hotel is close enough I've been told. Great advice about the whole security thing. I can see it talking long to get in.

Boston...
reviews: 119
4. Re: Patriots game

Just out of curiosity which hotel did you book in Foxboro? I tried to google to see what was within walking distance. Closest I saw was 3 miles away. The road that Gilette is on doesn't seem like a safe walk to me.

Mukwonago, Wisconsin
5. Re: Patriots game

Americas value inn. It's a mile from hotel. I was told everyone walks there, there are cops helping with traffic??

I found another place further away with a shuttle but it was expensive andvshuttlevwas 40 dollars.

Boston
reviews: 43
6. Re: Patriots game

That's an easy and safe walk. On gamedays there are tons of State Police stationed to help people cross. Even on non-gamedays from there it's easy to cross because you have a full sidewalk all the way from that hotel to a flyover bridge that goes above Route 1. You won't have any problems getting to/from stadium on foot from there any day.

Mukwonago, Wisconsin
7. Re: Patriots game

That's awesome!!! I'm so excited to go to a game. I've been at Patriots fan for so long and have always talked about going to a game. It's expensive but we're finally doing it this year!!

Boston...
reviews: 119
8. Re: Patriots game

I think it's a good idea that you stay in the area to make life easier, but did you read the reviews on here of that hotel? They're horrible. I think you should give it another thought.

Mukwonago, Wisconsin
9. Re: Patriots game

I did and I'm kinda worried about it but we will be there only for a very short time. I was just so nervous about trying to get to the Patriots Train from our hotel in Cambridge, and didn't like some of the reviews I read about train so we're taking the chance.

Boston...
reviews: 39
10. Re: Patriots game

Technically the closest hotel is the Renaissance at Patriot Place. I am sure it is expensive when there is an event since it is basically in the shadow of Gillette Stadium.

My suggestion is you might be better off getting a hotel in a nearby town and renting a car. You would then get to tailgate...although I am sure you wouldn't have too much to tailgate with. You could rough it though with just a case of beer, some sandwiches, and then make some friends. I always think half the experience of going to a Pats game is being able to tailgate.