We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fenway Tour

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
reviews: 62
Fenway Tour

Howdy folks,

I will be all over the MA/RI area from July 25-28th (Boston, Providence, Warwick, Newport, Boston, Springfield, and Boston again). On the 26th I'm taking a Peter Pan bus up from Newport (touring the mansions that morning) and will get to Boston South Station at around 3:40pm. Here's the thing- I REALLY want to take a Fenway tour...but I'm slightly paranoid that by the time I get there (by cab or rail) to buy a ticket for the 5pm tour, it will be sold out. Does this REALLY happen often? I mean, an hour in advance should be good, right?

Also, about how much will a cab from South Station to Fenway run me? Google maps says it's only about 10 minutes away, but depending on your city it could be $5 or $30 for that ten minutes....Help!!

Edited: 3:05 pm, June 28, 2013
Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 1
1. Re: Fenway Tour

Yes, it does. And if there's a night game, tours end even earlier.

Pittsburgh...
reviews: 62
2. Re: Fenway Tour

Well the good thing is I know there isn't a game that weekend. They are playing in some other city.

Boston...
3. Re: Fenway Tour

A current trip report here says that they phoned to see if there were tickets available for the Fenway tour. Maybe you could do that when you arrive. I would allow more than 10 minutes by taxi from South Station to Fenway, but if your train is on time, you should have no problem making the last tour.

Could you take the first tour the next morning?

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 61
4. Re: Fenway Tour

Are you arriving on bus or train? If train, get off at Back Bay it is a bit closer to Fenway.

5. Re: Fenway Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, June 30, 2014