We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to listen to the Boston Pops

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
reviews: 30
Where to listen to the Boston Pops

I am planning on hearing the "free" Boston Pops rehearsal in July 3rd. Question - can you hear the music across the river on the Cambridge side? If it to crowded in the Esplanade, is there a better place to hear? Thanks

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 36
1. Re: Where to listen to the Boston Pops

Never to crowded, just plain old crowded. Listen from the Esplanade.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 20
2. Re: Where to listen to the Boston Pops

I don't believe the speakers are set up on July 3 on the Cambridge side of the river.

If you just want to hear the music but are ok with not necessarily seeing the Hatch Shell, there are areas to sit that aren't right in the oval area.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston, Massachusetts
reviews: 21
3. Re: Where to listen to the Boston Pops

Now, that the 4th will not be televised nationally, I am guessing that will be a bit easier to see and hear the rehearsal on the 3rd. There are no big headliners this year, that is what brought in the crowds for the rehearsal.

4. Re: Where to listen to the Boston Pops

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 18, 2014