We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baseball

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
nottingham
reviews: 10
Baseball

My husband and I are coming to Boston in Seotember for 5 days and would like to see a baseball game. We saw the giants last year when staying in San Francisco and really enjoyed it. My question is, is stub hub the best place to get tickets from and can I book online from England do they send me the tickets or do I pick them up on the day? I have looked at the Red Sox schedule and they have night games while we are there.

Also is it easy to get to Fenway park we are staying at the Loews Back Bay.

Thank you

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 29
1. Re: Baseball

Ace Ticket or Stub Hub. You'd have to look on the site to see if they ship overseas or if you can just pick up tickets when you get here. You can walk to Fenway from the Loews, it's about a 20 minute walk. That would probably be the best way to get there.

Boston...
reviews: 2
2. Re: Baseball

You don't want to drive. You can walk to the park under 30 minutes and take in the sights or dinner along the way. Parking will be expense near the park.

If you don't want to pay above face, wait until you get here. Then either buy at the sox tix window or stub hub. Stub discounts tickets on the day of the game.

nottingham
reviews: 10
3. Re: Baseball

Thank you for your replies. Do you think there would be tickets on the day? It is the night games on 17& 18 sept?

Boston...
reviews: 2
4. Re: Baseball

Yes I think there'll be tickets available for every game this season. Especially in sept when kids go back to school. Someone may post that college kids are back, but I think they tend to go more in the spring then fall, and usually buy day of the game.

Boston...
5. Re: Baseball

Check on the standings towards the end of the season. If the Red Sox are in doing well, there will be fewer tickets available. You can also buy tickets directly from the Red Sox website.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 20
6. Re: Baseball

Tickets are always released day of the game about 2 hours or so before game time. You have to stand in a line to get them and when you purchase you go right into the park. What you may want to do since you'll be here for five days is go to the box office in the morning a couple of days prior to the game you want to attend. This gives you the opportunity to check out the weather forecast as well as avoiding standing in a long line. You can also purchase tickets through Stub Hub and Ace Tickets.

As for getting to the Park, you can certainly walk it - about 2 miles. Or hop on the MBTA (our public transit system).

Winchester...
reviews: 65
7. Re: Baseball

I would buy your tickets now. I am a sports fan and I think buying sox tickets now is a good investment. Sox are in first place. By the time hockey season is over pennant fever will grip the hub and by September tickets will be hard to get. If you can buy them now at face value, go for it. I did not think I would think this a few months ago. We already have tickets for a game in September, thanks to my brother who will be visiting from Oregon.

Boston
reviews: 29
8. Re: Baseball

September is toward the end of the season and if the Red Sox have a shot at the pennant the tickets will sell out. II don't know if the ticket agencies ship overseas, but Ace Ticket has an office near Fenway where you can pick them up.

9. Re: Baseball

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 18, 2014